1/32 Mk XVIII Tse-Tse Mosquito

Out2gtcha

On 7/20/2018 at 1:11 AM, Anthony in NZ said:

Wow, great job buddy! Dont forget the flaps were strengthened underneath(but I am sure you know that already sorry).....awesome stuff

Thanks Anthony! 

I've only got a small pic of the strengthened inner flaps and it shows what looks to be extra ribs. You wouldn't have a better pic would you?

It's interesting that the Shipbuster book doesn't show them but they do have a diagram showing the armour added around the nose and lower rads which isn't mentioned in the Modellers Data file or the Valiant Wings books. 

Just now, Out2gtcha said:

Great work so far!   Im sorry I havnt had time to dig my Mk XVIII stuff out yet Mike, Ive been so HELLA busy trying to finish my little Extra 330 for the Nationals that I havnt been able to dig it out yet. 

Brian, it's all good. I didn't have the Shipbuster book when I asked you about getting the dimensions but I was fortunate to find a copy locally.  So I don't really need them at this point. 

Besides, I'm glad you're working on the Extra and getting it done. That has been a complicated build for you and it looks like things are finally going your way. 

Carl

Using the drawing in Shipbuster as a guide, I laid out the nose appliqué armour out on the fuselage side. 

IMG_20180719_235904-L.jpg

I then transferred this to a sheet of styrene and cut it out. 

IMG_20180720_000120-L.jpg

IMG_20180720_000432-L.jpg

Using this, I'll be able to make a copy for both sides out of thin styrene sheet.

1 hour ago, harvey said:

Really coming along my friend ! Looks good !..........Harv:punk:

Thanks Harv! I'm just waiting on the RB barrel to show up. I wish Australia wasn't so far away from Canada so it'd get here sooner. 

Edited by BloorwestSiR

5 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Thanks Anthony! 

I've only got a small pic of the strengthened inner flaps and it shows what looks to be extra ribs. You wouldn't have a better pic would you?

It's interesting that the Shipbuster book doesn't show them but they do have a diagram showing the armour added around the nose and lower rads which isn't mentioned in the Modellers Data file or the Valiant Wings books. 

Let me see what I can find, although I might not have much on this variant.....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, look what arrived from Australia today:

IMG_20180731_164717-L.jpg

IMG_20180731_164440-L.jpg

Here it is in the place of honour. 

IMG_20180731_164507-L.jpg

I'd say that looks about right. 

With the barrel on hand, I was able to make some adjustments to the canon trough. It's thin but now fits over the cannon barrel.

IMG_20180731_164351-L.jpg

IMG_20180731_164335-L.jpg

IMG_20180731_164307-L.jpg

Carl