Zoukei-Mura Shinden

Phill P

Life caught up with me so I didn't get a lot done over the past few days. Here's the progress so far....

Frame and cannon bay now has a lick of paint. The cannon bay also has a small amount of shading applied.

frame.jpg

gunbay.jpg

I am leaking my fingers..... What a kit, what a modeler !

Please, allow me a question: After having studied some photos of the Shinden, I came to the conclusion that all models of this aircraft missed the shape in one respect. I am almost sure that the main wing changes its airfoile (profile) outwards the vertical stabs. The leading edge wing nose seems to make a kink downwards (similar to the Suchoi Su-15), while the wing underside seems to become more "flat". A photo from 3/4 from behind also indicates that the main spar has a kink down (1° or 1,5°). Sure, this is not much, but it is clearly visible. Any I idea if I got wrong ???

Cheers

Andreas Beck, Berlin, Germany

I am leaking my fingers..... What a kit, what a modeler !

Please, allow me a question: After having studied some photos of the Shinden, I came to the conclusion that all models of this aircraft missed the shape in one respect. I am almost sure that the main wing changes its airfoile (profile) outwards the vertical stabs. The leading edge wing nose seems to make a kink downwards (similar to the Suchoi Su-15), while the wing underside seems to become more "flat". A photo from 3/4 from behind also indicates that the main spar has a kink down (1° or 1,5°). Sure, this is not much, but it is clearly visible. Any I idea if I got wrong ???

Cheers

Andreas Beck, Berlin, Germany

Thanks for the compliment.

When I get the wing together I'll see if I can take some photo's for you.

Thanks Rocky.

Okay, here are some pics of the engine temporarily fitted. I had to do some major surgery on the reduction housing so the engine would actually attach to its mounts. So far this is the only drawback I've found.

fusleft.jpg

leftengine.jpg

fwdfus.jpg