Norwegian F-16A

Gone about as far as I can with the kit supplied pieces, and it's basically looking somewhat like an F-16A now. Time to start doing some mods to bring things up to snuff and figure out what changes I need to make this look more like I have envisioned. I'm planning on having this knocked out before the end of next week, so it's time to get moving. More pics as things progress!

Later, Russ

post-4413-1268915223.jpg

I get tired just watching this! Don't you ever sleep Herr Kampf? :notworking:

Seriously Russ, only YOU could keep going with this one. It would have been given a viking funeral by me long ago! :whistle:

The word is DEDICATION!!!

Phil

Que Vola Brode', or What Up Bro, to you non-Cubans.. :goodjob:

Ahhh Russ, a good example on how with enough Cuban slang there is nothin that can't be fixed!!

Wrestle with it!!! I'm sure you can turn it into an F-16A-Z in about 10 minutes while blind folded, and eating out a puddin cup wit ya toes if you blinked twice while sneezing.... :frantic:

Peace,

Alfonso, el Cubichi

Whoochee, lah lah! :lol: This kit has had me pinned in the 'Cuban head-lock & Pinch of death' for the last few days Alfonso! Doesn't happen often,...but I just had to walk away from it for awhile, until I acquired some different 'special weapons and tactics' to confront it with. Darn kit defies everything I can throw at it and just sits there with a scoffing smile....mocking me. Grrrrrrrr. :speak_cool: Time for some voodoo incantations, and my shuffly finger-snapping dance to cast the demons outta the plastic.

Bahahaha! I don't know about dedication Phil, more like being onery and stubborn as an old army mule! :) It will succumb to my demands.....,eventually....even if I have to encase it in a protective layer of putty to contain it's evil. I'm trying to handle it as little as possible in case something weird rubs off on me and I start growing hair where none has ever been(or supposed to be) and I start howling at the moon. Or sumthin.

Oh yeah! Revell DID have a kit of an early F-16 didn't they Derek?! I can't remember who made it in red/white/blue prototype markings, as that was when the dinosaurs ruled the earth and I was still grunting for my food. Think I could've scratch-built an F-16 for all the effort I've already put into this particular kit. Making an Australian F-16XL is still within the realm of possibility if this continues it's transgressions. :hmmm:

But i digress; Got the front of the nose re-sawed and shimmed to mate up to the radome more or less. Did the same for the wings, and a plethora of other items, so I could get everything glued up. Finished off re-sizing the elevators, installing the ventral fins, and got the beginnings of an extended parachute-pack under the rudder. It's now ready for putty.

Nose shim-job;

post-4413-1269240607.jpg

Pretty far along on the cockpit, as I'll have to have it closed up for applying putty around the canopy edges. That didn't fit too hot either.

post-4413-1269240698.jpg

Some side shots. After I finish off the cockpit and add the canopy,....it's time to start laying on the putty. I'll take some pics before I paint the model, so ya'll can see where I had to smooth the contours in. Lumpy or smooth, this will be completed by the end of next weekend. I want to get started on the F-104. More pics as things progress! Later, Russ

post-4413-1269241540.jpg

post-4413-1269241558.jpg

Hi Russ,

I have this kit (or to be strictly accurate, my son has, but I am sure that he will not mind me 'borrowing' it if I have too! :speak_cool:). Your's is beginning to look pretty much like a '16' should now, so well done.

Cheers

Derek

Whoah! :piliot: That is too cool Derek! Love those markings. Man, I ALMOST made this into a Belgian or Dutch F-16,.....but decided to keep my triumverate all Norwegian. Thanks Shawn, I'm bombing on this critter pretty bad, eh? :) I had to walk away from it yet again after applying a cubic ton of putty tonight. If it doesn't sand down 1/2-way correctly, it's going to morph into an Aussie F-16XL just to keep it exciting. If I'm gonna have to hack on this anymore it might at least be fun! ;)

Hmmmmm, instead of making the F-5E into an 'A',.....I could really have the shavings fly by making THAT into an forward swept wing X-29 while I'm at it? :hmmm:

I had to walk away from my Bf-110c build, I was burned out. Going for something fun then back at it.

The Norwegian demo schemes are amazing, and SO many to choose from! When I go to do my academy 1/32 viper I may do one of them, probably the orange,black and silver scheme.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23838297@N06/...243420/sizes/m/

Keep up the work on your 'A' model, your builds are very educational.

It's not an 'A' model anymore Shawn! :doh: I no sooner got putty all over this, and had a grand mess going on......when I for some reason just stopped, and paused. Blast it, if I'm gonna putty something it's got to be done in style! Just can't get into an 'A' for some reason, and I was fooling myself into jousting and tilting at windmills thinking otherwise. When a build becomes a job, and is no longer a hoot it's time to stop the train and get off at Russville.

Heh heh, this thread has now changed gears 'r0todr1ver'. :hmmm: Time to leave the 'control group' and head into the unknown 'experimental' side of things. I feel better already! :P A little research for some measurements, and a preliminary looksy over a set of scaled plans has set this build off into another direction. My model is now cut up into 5 pieces in anticipation of lengthening the fuse about 1-1/2inches, and the wings/tail are back into the ME-109 box where they belong. Whoohooo! Here's an overview of where I'm heading now;

post-4413-1269430937.jpg