Norwegian F-104

Here's another stalled project that I started while I was living aboard a sailboat and has moved with me since. Another project that started as a Norwegian CF-104, but almost morphed into a NASA 'A' model and has swung with the tide back into a 'G'. Again, I must not have been planning on painting the cockpit as it's glued into place! :thumbsup: Starting with the venerable Hasegawa kit.

post-4413-1265014065.jpg

I've already put the flat 'A' model gear doors on it, and cut the rudder down but never found any 'A' style wheels/rims. Got another of these kits to rob parts off of to make back into a 'G', and a smattering of aftermarket stuff I've acquired in the last year. Aires J-79 engine, my obligatory Masterdetail jet pilot, and a True-Details cockpit set-up. Don't think the Norwegians ever opted for the Martin-Baker seat like Denmark or Germany? Most had the C-2 Lockheed seat AFAIK, which I THINK is in this resin set? We'll see when I actually open it.

post-4413-1265014609.jpg

The original aft fuse section cut-down to make an earlier version compared to the new piece I'll be swapping it out with. I'll just make the other 104 into an 'A'. Eventually. Gah!, Another stalled project! :thumbsup: heh heh.

post-4413-1265014817.jpg

This is what I eventually want it to look like. Fokker built 104's were used for interception duties, and were silver or grey(depending upon what year), and the CF-104's Noway acquired were used for strike/anti-shipping and were painted this cool green scheme. I like it! :thumbsup: Slightly different IP for it's different mission, but close enough for this punkin-head.

post-4413-1265015107.jpeg

Looks like I'll be getting some decal-making practice in for this triumverate of Nordic birds! Always wanted to do an F-104 in one of these schemes, and now I've got a deadline for getting them completed. I've been suffering undo duress not getting these completed, and I want to feel cooler,...lighter,...and fresher by getting the knocked out and thrown out the door. Bahahahaha! :thumbsup:

So it begins;

post-4413-1265015425.jpeg

Very cool Russ :coolio: (as are the other two Noewegian birds that you are making). I could be wrong, but the other two kangam kits appear to be re-boxings of the Hasegawa F-16A and F-5E. I have many happy memories of seeing all three aircraft types on regular detachments to RAF Binbrook when I used to work on Lightnings (I used to packed the brake parachutes for all of these aircraft types!) - especially the F-104's (the Italians were the scariest, they used to snake along our short runway when they ran out of brakes and brake chutes, which they did on a regular basis! :lol:).

<_<

Derek