A-7E VA-72 Desert Storm 1991

Icari Progene

today's update,

windshield now perfectly fits, and some paint has been put on it.the canopy has also been painted and masked again ready to be completed, I've to glue the internal structure, maybe tomorrow. now it's time to go work.

ciao

Luca

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

some progress.

flap and slat are ready to be placed in position. flaps need some more putty on the lower surface to fill the canyon that trumpeter supposed to be there :deadhorse:

fin rudder fits perfectly and it didn't need too much work.

Flaps were awfully thick and they needed a lot of sanding to look like a wing-part.

now it's almost ready to be glued. maybe tonight i'm gonna start some primering on it!

almostreadypaint1.jpg

almostreadypaint2.jpg

almostreadypaint3.jpg

Alainf1.jpg

hope you enjoy.

P.S. do I have to lower flap and slats? but I really don't know how they are painted on the "Desert Storm" special... anyone knows?

ciao Luca

thanks,

I'm not familiar with inches, I try to convert centimeters, Lenght is 44cm more or less 17,3 inches, Wimgspan 37 cm, 14.5 inches

If you are gonna start one of this, you better buy all the aftermarket, it really worth (especially the intake)

ciao

Luca

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I've got some news about my SLUF, Building is 99% finished, it only misses it's tanks and horizontal stabilizers.

montaggiofinito.jpg

wing folding zone was little bit difficult to fit due to large holes between the two parts, but now seems ok.

foldSX.jpg

FoldDX.jpg

wingtips' lights are in place and internally painted.

tipDX.jpg

tipSX.jpg

now it's time to start painting the beast.

No paints available with exact referance so i've done some trials to determine the best colour.

the light sand reference is FS 31667 but i'll use gunze H313 FS 33531 with one drop of Tamiya Nato Brown.

the dark one is FS 30233 and also for this one i'll use H313 but now with 10 parts of Nato brown to give it the right tone and "redness".

here are some pics of the trials, what do you think?

provecolore.jpg

provecolore1.jpg

the bottom panels are painted in that way.

here is the real aircraft

dn-sc-91-07225.jpg

Ciao

Luca

• 1 month later...

One month from the last update and the beast still is in progress.

Due to some personal problem and lot of work I didn't work on the A-7 from a long time.

The biggest problem was to find the correct Fuel tanks. A friend of mine lent me a tank from the A4 and I copied it in resin. after 6 or 7 tries finally i got 2 good pieces, after large filling and sanding stuff they are ready to be placed under the wing-pilons.

here they are, perfectly smooth and coated with Mr Surfacer 1000.

Serbatoi.jpg

also the exaust pipe is ready... it only needs some more smokes in the inner side.

scarico.jpg

Today I've started the paintjob, but unfortunately after 3/4 of model i run out of paint. :DodgeBall: tomorrow i'm going to buy some tons of H313 gunze! :whistle:

soon more pics of the painted plane

ciao

luca