LSP Kit Database needs your help!

LSP_Kevin

The recently launched LSP Kit Database is going strong, and improving all the time. The newest feature is the addition of box art images. With over 1600 kits in the database however, procuring all these images is a logistical nightmare. On top of that, we're actively avoiding scraping images off other websites, for reasons of copyright and image quality.

So, I thought this might be an ideal opportunity to involve the LSP community! The collective stash of the LSP membership would have to include just about every one of those 1600 kits (and possibly many that aren't even in the database yet). It would be great if we could leverage that fantastic resource in the hunt for our box art images. If you'd like to help, here's what to do:

Since most LSP kit boxes don't lend themselves to being scanned, a well-lit, flash-free digital photo would more than suffice. As long as it's square on it'll be fine. Don't worry about duplicating what's already there - the more the merrier! Also, there's no need to crop the image; just send the full size one to me:

kevin@largescaleplanes.com

I'm happy to crop, process and upload them - so all you need to do is take the photos! Include a brief description of which kit it is, and it's important to include the manufacturer's kit number. If you're sending me more than one, you could always rename the images with that kit number, so it's clear (but don't worry, I'll figure it out if you don't!).

If the email option doesn't work for some reason, you can post the images here in this thread (linked via Photobucket or whatever).

Oh, and if you have any other kit information that fills in our gaps, feel free to pass that along too!

The LSP Kit Database is already a great resource, and we're hoping to make it the most accurate and comprehensive listing of its type, but we can't do it without help from you guys. So, pitch in if you can!

Kev

I just e-mailed you shots of the following.

Hase Spit VI Kit S-19

Revell "History makers" ME-110C-4B Kit 8617

Revell P-38J Kit 04774

Matchbox Spit Mk-22/24 (no kit number - orginial box art)

ROG Beaufighter kit 04756

These are the more rarer kits I have kicking around. :BANGHEAD2:

Ron

I just e-mailed you shots of the following.

Hase Spit VI Kit S-19

Revell "History makers" ME-110C-4B Kit 8617

Revell P-38J Kit 04774

Matchbox Spit Mk-22/24 (no kit number - orginial box art)

ROG Beaufighter kit 04756

These are the more rarer kits I have kicking around. :BANGHEAD2:

Ron

Thanks Ron! Email received.

Kev

WOT !?

You're asking me to bring in bright light (read to the eye of my beloved wife ...) my stash for photos ? :evil_laugh:

Right, this site is not helping marital life :D but I'll do some piccies this WE. Expect Williams, Aerotech, Brach Models boxes ...

Hubert.

WOT !?

You're asking me to bring in bright light (read to the eye of my beloved wife ...) my stash for photos ? :evil_laugh:

Right, this site is not helping marital life :D but I'll do some piccies this WE. Expect Williams, Aerotech, Brach Models boxes ...

Hubert.

Thanks Hubert! Apologies in advance for any marital disharmony I've caused you.

Ron, your images are online!

Kev

I've just tweaked the kit list so that it shows a little icon next to the 'View Details' link, which indicates if that particular entry has any box art associated with it. Now you can just scan the list for those entries with box art, instead of having to guess.

Kev

Thanks Hubert! Apologies in advance for any marital disharmony I've caused you.

Ron, your images are online!

Kev

Don' t worry Kev ! Emmanuele is actually a very understanding wife...Would she not be, thank God someone invented women's shoes to equalise box-stash discussions ! :evil_laugh:

Hubert.

Hmmm,

It's better to use Yousendit.com.

The zipfile with pictures is 71mb.

You'll get an email from them with a code to download the file.

-edit:- file uploaded to yousendit.com

it remains available for a week.

- end edit-

Cheers,

Peter