Let me jump on the band wagon

LSP_Ron

Ron, I have to say, your painting skills certainly go up a notch or two with every build, and this build is no exception. Nice to see Cameron's markings being done as well.

I'll probably do something a little more obscure when I can afford to get the kit for myself. Their's an ace from my hometown, so KH*K will likely be my first build. Then perhaps a Grey Nurse Mk.VIII for my second build, then........

Very nice work Ron. I am building mine and am ready to start the engine as the airframe and wings are assembled and together. I am also building an RCAF bird and will also be a 402 Squadron early Mk IX EN398 flown by Ian Keltie with the Popeye nose art. It sure is a fun & well engineered kit. I wonder what version Tamiya will come out with next.

All the best

Brad

Lovely build Ron. :piliot:

The first pic showing the prop without the spinner cover looks superb. Does the spinner tip push fit snugly or is it necessary to glue the tip?

I also admire the close up of the right side of the engine. The tape on the framework is very convincing. Is that Tamiya masking tape painted with the correct colour or something else?

I've read elsewhere that the cowlings don't fit very well but yours fit like a glove. Any issues there?

I look forward to seeing the other pics. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

:piliot:

Thanks for all the kind words all. I really enjoyed this build. The next one will be a Dragon Bf-110 with some Edward bits.

Ron, I have to say, your painting skills certainly go up a notch or two with every build, and this build is no exception. Nice to see Cameron's markings being done as well.

I'll probably do something a little more obscure when I can afford to get the kit for myself. Their's an ace from my hometown, so KH*K will likely be my first build. Then perhaps a Grey Nurse Mk.VIII for my second build, then........

Thanks Kevin. I am using different weathering methods lately. In stead of oil washes I used pencil to pick out all the panel lines followed with pastels. I think I am hooked using these new methods. I used them on my MDC Typhoon also. Looking forward to seeing your efforts with this Tamiya kit when the time comes. :party0023:

Very nice work Ron. I am building mine and am ready to start the engine as the airframe and wings are assembled and together. I am also building an RCAF bird and will also be a 402 Squadron early Mk IX EN398 flown by Ian Keltie with the Popeye nose art. It sure is a fun & well engineered kit. I wonder what version Tamiya will come out with next.

All the best

Brad

I have an extra set of markings for EN398 if you need them Brad (less roundels and stencils). Pls post some picks of your progress.

Lovely build Ron. :m0152:

The first pic showing the prop without the spinner cover looks superb. Does the spinner tip push fit snugly or is it necessary to glue the tip?

I also admire the close up of the right side of the engine. The tape on the framework is very convincing. Is that Tamiya masking tape painted with the correct colour or something else?

I've read elsewhere that the cowlings don't fit very well but yours fit like a glove. Any issues there?

I look forward to seeing the other pics. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

:piliot:

thanks, unfortunately the spinner needs to be glued. I took that pic with it off just to show how well they did the prop detail. It's quite accurate. They have added enough detail to this kit to allow a person to display it rather torn down in major maintenance if you want. I am toying with the idea of making my second build of this kit a modern day partially complete restoration like you often see in FlyPast Magazine.

I'll post finish pics when I get time to take them. I am off on a biz trip tomorrow for a week so it will be a few days.

Ron

• 2 months later...