Trumpeter Razorback

dragonfly

Thanks for the tip Koala....I think I read your comment on this before on someone elses build. I took your advice and did not paint the part. Luckily.....with a little coaxing, the cowl slipped into place and seems to fit good. Thanks for the tip!

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

I've finished painting the gearbays and will add a bit more plumbing later.

100_0970.jpg

I've decided to open the gun/ammo bay on one side only. The fit for the closed

access panels was not good. Shims were required to get the doors flush with the wing.

I've added some photo-etch parts to the exposed gunbay.

100_0992.jpg

100_0993.jpg

Cheers.....Jerry

Gotta little color in the gunbay.

100_0996.jpg

100_0997.jpg

I want to close the other side and had to add some shims for a good fit. The ammo bay door need a shim under it to be flush with the wing.

100_0994.jpg

oooph!.....those rivets.

not real happy with the guns....I may try a different approach.

100_1000.jpg

Cheers....Jerry

Hi Jerry,

That's really looking fine. I have a Hasegawa bubbletop waiting in the wings that I hope to start on soon. I have the turned brass gun barrels ordered which, along with the MDC cockpit (and MAYBE a gun bay set from ? . Who makes a good one by the way?) should dress it up pretty well.

By the way, your handle on here is Dragonfly with a shot of some A-37's. I got a ride in a Air Force A-37B back in 1969 or so. Down at what used to be England AFB. At that time I was a TV news photographer for one of our local stations and we did a story on them. Went out in a flight of 4 and did some practice bombing and shooting at the range. I've still got some of the 16 mm film I shot. Wish I had a projector!

Cheers,

John