Hello everyone

Shawn M

Hello everyone, been lurking here for awhile and finally signed up. Im currently working on the Revell Bf-110c4/b (aka C7) and I've gotten a good long ways into making this a decent kit..decent is key.

Rebuilt an entire engine with scratch supercharger, whole cockpit refresh with scratch ammo cans, seat, wiring, instrument panel, etc. I made the elevators free and positioned, currently working on the engine nacelles and gear bays. Frankly this kit sucks, but its a good chance to flex some skills I've been wanting to try.

Pics of work thus far:

kit motor

4293760621_94225b5991.jpg

my motor

4300785351_92c9b8310d.jpg

Cockpit shots:

4241450407_b53632292d.jpg

4242275800_8652468ac9.jpg

the rest can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shawnmanny/se...57622869700809/

In the stash are: (all 1/32)Academy F-16c, Dragon P-51D, Revell Stuka, Revell Corsair, Hasegawa Zero, Revell Apahce, 1/35 Scale Academy AH-1w NTIS (adding desert intakes)

Thanks Texas, the builds on here really inspired me to attack this lump of plastic and push my limits...and pushed they are! as well as my patience lol :evil_laugh:

I've had a build over on aeroscale going for it, I'll post finished pics when Its done as I fear I cannot keep two threads alive at once. Can I throw in the occasional pic in here or should I start a WIP thread?

lol

thanks Larry, I'm not a pro by any means, just pig headed and dedicated...or as my wife says..insane and demented.

I bought this kit a year ago and just started it in late december. Man I wish I'd have bought a Dragon kit! Im slowly making progress on it, but I keep having to rework and detail everything I build on it!

Im in nacelle hell right now with oil coolers, gear bays, firewalls, lions, tigers and bears OH my!

Shawn,

First thing is never say never as to building any type of kit regardless of what one or others would say about it.I have two revell C-4's and three revell G-4's.If u think that's demented and insane.Then try one and do some scracthbuilding and more scracthbuilding.Building is building and if one or anyone as to the the guys here.Taking a kit way beyond what the kit has in it is more than enough for anyones talent's or skills.

It's what u do with it and what u want it to look like in the long run.Never sell u'erself short as to building period.I've been doing this for over 50plus years and i'm still learning from others as to the guys here and to guys i know from contests and those who live out of town as well.

U'er the boss of u'er domain and u'er the builder fo any kit u do.Building models is for ones stress relief and for ones sanity.And taking a trip to the darkside is a good thing as well.If u know what i mean.Keep up the good work and that 100 will do u justice.Larry

started reworking the engine nacelles, namely the oil cooler ducting. Need to scratch build the ducting as its just wrong and looks like poo. Worked on the ETC rack a bit more, messed that up and had to fill my mistake, need to go back and further detail that still. Figured out the gear bays a bit more, my wife has these pills that come in an oval foil wrapper which is just about right for the wheel bump in the bay, which is missing from the mold entirely. I will need to build a firewall as well and detail it with various bits to busy it up a touch. I cut one gear bay wheel opening and it looks great so far.

I spent the weekend reworking the starboard engine nacelle, built an oil cooler duct, firewall, added fastener strips to the cowling opening, drilled out the front former ring and made it a ring vs. a half circle and installed one of my wheel blisters in the gear bay. Started working on the second nacelle and picked up some fine brass tube for the Mg17s up front. Also started working on the starboard spinner to detail the now visible back side.