Ki:44

Spit88

Looking for advice from people who have build this plane what brand of paint and color did you use for the cockpit? Hasegawa advises to use Khaki Green.....I mainly use Model Master paints and trying to figure out what color to use.

The blog Aviation of Japan (www.straggleresearch.com) has an interesting feature on Shoki interior colours and IJA army aircraft cockpit colours in general. According to this blog up until mid 1943 Shoki interiors were painted dark blue-grey, thereafter a yellowish olive green and very late production examples were painted in a colour close to U.S. olive drab. Fs and Munsell equivalents as well as digital colour chips for the various paints are given.

Cheers,

Hans

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at a Japanese website for interior colors for the IJA (Ki-44/84) the color chip looks pretty close to Tamiya XF-76 Gray/Green. I can't get my hands on Mr Color paint for the H127 so I am trying to figure out what I can use in the Tamiya or Model Master series of paints.

Just found my info that I emailed to myself!

The colour chip is IJA 39 standard.

http://www.j-aircraft.com/a6mresearch/accolors.htm

see colour chips 1-3 and 1-4 and there is this mixture ratio here too for Nakajima Interior Green I didn't use this. I mixed my own colour to the chip 1-3

From Memory I started with Khaki Green, but it was to dark...

005.jpg

and then finish custom colour...

007.jpg