BF-110 G-4

ruzlkampf

Bahahahaha! Ya know Pluf, last time I started on the Revell 110 making it into a G-2.....Dragon came out with this kit 2 weeks later! :DodgeBall: The way this kit is engineered, I KNOW they've got it broken down into doing a later version. It'd be too easy,.....maybe this build will provoke them into releasing it?! I can smell their fear. :lol: Really enjoyed watching you working on your 110, veeeeery nice! :lol: Thanks for following along Mr. Matt, these pics are for you. Using the drawing you supplied I mocked up something as similar as possible. Still don't have the relay box atop the shelf on the fuse, or ammo casing dump chutes afixed to the 20's yet,....but they are now slanted at 70 degrees and mounted for good. Nasty little business to get them in and aligned correctly and at the right height. Whew! Check it out;

post-4413-1263770487.jpg

Here's what they look like gazing down into the fuse.

post-4413-1263770535.jpg

By the way Russ,

I think that whilst the DB 601 and 605 share the same engine block size (others may correct me here), the biggest visual difference is the appearance of the turbochargers - 605 ones had external strengthening ribs etc. Can provide pics if need be.

Matt

I'm just about finished with the plethora of boxes and switches that got stuffed into the fuse, and working on actually getting a crew in there. :DodgeBall: :lol: Haven't decided whether to paint the interior or move onto the wings/engines next? Hmmmm, milk & cookies followed by a little nap will help chart my course. Before I un-taped the fuse mockup I took a pic of where I'm at so far on this assembly. Kinda getting pumped about modifying that nose with the 30mm snout and shell ejector chutes. Probably go with the engines,....I haven't puttied anything in at least 3 days and getting a nervous tick and twitch to slough something up. More pics later on tonight! Later, Russ

post-4413-1263771035.jpg

Hmmmmm, yeah....I'm not sure how far I'll take the engine mods until I see what the nacelles actually show. I know the oil sump/filler up front wraps entirely around reduction gear casing too. We'll see when it comes time to cross that bridge and I've got to kick that trolls arse to not pay a toll and get across. I'll be twiddling with the engine cowlings tonight, and pronounce some type of prognosis about which path I'll be taking. More into showing how I'm going to change the profile to smooth into the new spinners/props. If that goes smoothly, I'll take any time saved into detailing out the engines. Later!

Awesome as usual Russ! :)

I just have one question.........actually a two parter if you dont mind answering.......

As a man who just broke up with my significant other, and who has a fairly demanding work schedule.......I know how much time those two things can take up in and of themselves.

Your builds are are always top notch quality, with interesting and I might add not simple mostly either, subjects and schemes, so how do you not get hammered by either or of the afor mentioned? :)

It would be easier to comprehend if you were putting together sloppy second rate ships, or throw together perfect fit kits with less detail, but your not......You do excellent work I must say & while I cant seem to finish one of my babys in 2 or 3 months you come out in 2 or so weeks......

Cheers,

Brian

Whoohoo! Major milestone was reached tonight,....I actually got it sitting up on it's gear! :) Thanks for stopping in and visiting my friends, it's kinda like watching a slooooow-motion train wreck happening, eh?! :) I really don't know why everybody thinks I build these so fast Brian? :) Everybody has their own speed, style, and level of detail that they enjoy putting into a build,....and that's all good and what makes the world go around. Be pretty boring if everyone built exactly the same. I don't build to race, impress, or compete against anybody but myself. Guess a lot of it is perspective? I look in awe at other builds and wonder what it's like to detail out a seat harness, or put brake lines in, or actually have the patience and perserverance to work on a build and savor it for 1-2-6-months. I just have to work within my own attention-span and limitations....just go with it and have fun! :) Uuuuuuhmmm, I guess it helps that I killed my TV 5 years ago too. :) Bahahaha! Just build em like ya want to, and do it in your own time buddy.....it's only a hobby and is meant to be enjoyed! Well, a I'm single confirmed bachelor also so there's no 'honey-dos' either. I don't have a prob telling any woman who has 'issues' with my hobbies, "don't make me decide". I'd rather live alone for all the right reasons, than with someone for all the wrong ones. That usually culls out all the 'pretenders', and they fly off into the night on their brooms with their little monkeys with wings. I'm getting too old for any drama. :P

But I digress; Got the engines mounted on the fire-walls and wings glued together tonight. Yahoo, that was fun! If somebody was so inclined, this area is wide open for extra detailing. I think I'll pass, as I'm going to be sanding on the nacelles and need the strength for hammering on. They sure look cool though! Veery nice kit.

post-4413-1263797098.jpg

Lemmee scruch down a bit and hear my old bones pop to take a different angle. Lotsa possibilities here for eye-bleeding detail, but I want to finish this before I'm reincarnated as a turnip and don't have any thumbs to grasp an exacto knife with. :) Let's move on;

post-4413-1263797400.jpg

Okay, got the tape out and mocked everything up for a looksy. If I had more patience and/or time.....these cowlings coulda been removable, but delicate. Because I got ham-bones for fingers, and need the strength of glued joints for sanding/hacking/putty in this area,....I think I'll have them closed. Nice delicate detail and fit for anybody who chooses otherwise. This is just with the bottom cowl glued in place to line everything up.

post-4413-1263797742.jpg

I'm not going to glue the top cowls in until I get the flame dampeners and cut-down kit exhausts lines up. These are Hasegawa 109 spinners just for mock-up. I'll be using Eagle Editions resin spinners for the finale. Just showing these angles so ya'll can get an idea of what's needed to fair the cowling into the spinner. I'll be scratching up new oil coolers.

post-4413-1263797930.jpg

Some pics of the top cowling set in place so ya'll can see this won't take much putty to swoop into the spinners. Top cowls are kinda square across the top front to follow the upper crankcase, but I'll be rounding all that out.

post-4413-1263798383.jpg

Think I'll swing back to the cockpit for a bit and get the crew sculpted into shapes that fit. Also still have the MG81Z's to scratch up and it's ammo supply that goes between the 20's. Can't even imagine how the gunner could handle the racket from those going off next to his face! Yeeesh! :) Or. how the radar operator squeezed into the cubby-hole between the MG151 ammo bins on his little bar-stool of a seat for more than an hour & 1/2. I can see why the JU-88's were popular.(not that they have any degree of opulence!)

post-4413-1263798688.jpg