BF-110 G-4

ruzlkampf

What up Russ,

Gettin off on the good foot now, huh!!! Dressed up inna a fly styled rockin suit, gettin ready to party all night long, and dance to the drummers beat I see. Ready for the get down... :hi: I love it... She's looking......NIIICCCEEEEEE.

I hope you do take them night pics, I would love to see what that must have looked like. What a Gorgeous scheme that is.

This is a great build/conversion you got there, Russ. Your model, build# 777,000, is almost done now, and I is a bit curious as to what will be # 777,001... :popcorn:

Alfonso

Heh heh, Alfonso.....you really know how to have fun, huh?! :beer: Can't believe I've got 18 pages of drivel here and no completed model. DRAT! That's okay, I've got ....lessee 15 guzinta 4 times 10 divided by.....wait a sec I've gotta take my shoes off to count some toes here.....uuuuuhhhh about 16 days left to go, eh?! :clap2: I'm tired of taking pictures of this lump of plastic, so I'm going to be shuffling over to the 'special' area of the forum for those who are decal-challenged trying to raise a ruckus on getting some markings made up for this thing. Lotsa fun and terribly exciting for an old geezer like me. Be back over here when it's time to sniff,....eeerh uuuhm I mean brush paint onto the canopy and get some weathering whupped up for this.

Thanks for following along everyone and the many kind compliments. Sorry it's taking so long on this,....but I was trying an experiment on leaving this out and hoping it'd weather itself. Blast, that didn't work as well as it did in my imagination. :mellow: Off now to the decal section! later, Russ

Thanks Rocky! Yep, had a 4 layer chocolate cake (it was barely structurally sound, and almost toppled over. :speak_cool: and tried to whoop it up as much as possible in my old age. Whelp, I've pulled off the decal tutorial in the forlorn hope I might be able to finish this off before the deadline. Should be able to finish,....if something doesn't distract me.....again. :frantic:

Already had most of the drawings for the decals drawn up, so I figured it was about time to plow ahead and put them on. Gave this beast a gloss coat and started cutting up my new decal sheet I printed up today.

post-4413-1267970982.jpg

I had another short-sheet that I printed out in white decal paper for the crosses, kill-markings, and swastikas 'n stuff that had a white background. This looks white, but is actually done in clear.

post-4413-1267971201.jpg

I already had a few extra NJG-1 'diving eagles onto England', and 87 octane yellow triangle fuel designation decals,..... so there was no need to waste time drawing those up. This is how everything turned out.

post-4413-1267971499.jpg

Drat it all, my camera focused on the fuse and I didn't get a very clear shot of my kill markings. Meh, I'll show them better later OK?

post-4413-1267971586.jpg

And last pic before I do a bit of weathering before a clear flat coat to seal it all up. Should have some more pics later on tonight with the canopy finished off, some exhaust stains, and most of the remaining antenna afixed. See ya'll then, eh?! Later, Russ

post-4413-1267971960.jpg

Whahahahahaha! :lol: Alright!, Came screeching up into the drive-way on 2 wheels at the last moment.....but I've finally tussled this lump of plastic into submission. FINITO! Tired of taking pictures of this splotched-looking old thing, so these are the last before it gets booted out the door with nary a bit of pomp tomorrow. Always wanted a G-4 night-fighter version of this aircraft, and now that plateau has been scaled. Satiation at last.

I'm going to let LSP_Dave wade thru this slide-show of crappy pics to choose any that might be salvageable for the gallery(he's very good at that! :lol: ), so I'm just going to throw these out there in no particular order. Here's what the Dragon BF-110C-7 I started out with morphed into;

post-4413-1268573715.jpg

post-4413-1268573735.jpg