BF-110 G-4

ruzlkampf

Time to bust this back apart and work on those flame dampeners and get the exhausts cut down. Almost time to start adding some 'G' model features to the exterior, but I'll go back to the pit and whomp on it a bit more first. No telling what'll catch my fancy to work on next, so I'll post some more pics when things progress a bit more in whatever direction the whim takes me. Squawk at everybody then OK?! Later, Russ

post-4413-1263799140.jpg

Bahahahaha! Well, I'm WAAAAYYY beyond working on those flame dampeners Matt! :P Sheesh, if I'd a known anybody woulda been interested I would of taken some process pics. :( Mr. Time Management that I am; I timed the operation to mock up 4 of these at 1-1/2 hrs. A candle, exacto knife, piece of brass tube with a piece of sandpaper wrapped around it for getting a 'cove' into my upturned thingy, and some drill bits. Oh yeah, I added those cool little grills off the PE set too....nice little touch.

I just got home and was getting ready to do some putty work on the nacelles and enlarge the rudders, but methinks ya'll might like a pre-view of those dampeners? Here are the parts laid out ready for me to assemble. Now, I ALMOST ran into an impasse when I realized that the 'G' model has 3 exhausts that go up and over the wing.(one goes down to clear the supercharger on the starboard inside wing) The 'C' version has 2 up, and 2 down. Dragon bailed me out by including 2 trees of frets for the exhausts and giving me 8! Whoohoo! :thumbsup: That gave me the extra 'up' set I needed. Whew! This is one of the doo-dads I was fiddling with last night. 4 mocked up dampeners, and preparing to go to town on the nacelles.

post-4413-1263975301.jpg

Just getting home and starting up for the night, so I'll leave this short update with a pic of the PE grills that afix to the front of the dampeners. Nice little touch, eh? Probably be back on later tonight with an update on the rudders and nacelles. Dunno though, as I might take the time it takes to post something and whittle on the nose getting those shell ejector chutes, snout, and antenna mounts slapped on. Still reflecting on the poses for the rear crew also. We'll see. (I know Matt gets squeamish whenever he sees my hacked,...ehrmmm I mean sculpted figures! :thumbsup: )

Thanks for all the kind compliments gents, and I'll squawk at everybody when I get some more pics rounded up for an update. Later, Russ

post-4413-1263976113.jpg

Flame dampeners are just set into place and not glued, so they're kinda wobbly. Too tired for typing much tonight, so I'll let the pics do the talking. Should have some pics tomorrow of the new supercharger intake I fabbed up, some broader rudders, globs of putty troweled onto the nacelle to smooth them into the spinner contours, and some generator 'bumps'. That's all for tonight, time to get 'cuckoo for some Cocoa Puffs' and hit the sack. Later, Russ

post-4413-1263986390.jpg

Whoooeee, not much of an update this time. Got my oil coolers completed, and I'm now working on the rudders and supercharger intake. Wanted to show some pics of the coolers in their 'in-process' state of non-completion so ya'll can see how I fabbed em up. I decided that I needed to have these in place before applying the putty to the nacelles. Makes it a lot easier to get the bottom transition right, and not have to do this twice.

post-4413-1264064395.jpg

Flipped up so ya'll can see the profile before getting putty onto the front of the nacelle. There is a slight indentation in front of the cooler itself, and it doesn't follow the cowl profile. Hard to tell here until I get the final shape around this, but that's what the piece of styrene in front of the cooler is for.

post-4413-1264064832.jpg

Tilted up for a better view of what I'm hacking on here.

post-4413-1264064898.jpg