The Black Project Discussion

song

There was strong belief, one year at Greenham Common, that a Buccaneer, indirectly maybe, caused some intense embarrassment for an F-15 pilot. Having done its "retract the u/c, and stay put," piece, the Buccaneer was followed by the F-15, which appeared to try the same tactic, but sank down, and smacked the runway, possibly only with his tail, but it led to the very sharp ending of his demonstration.

Edgar

I have to agree, it is pretty ugly!

For a product of the Blackburn stables, the Buccaneer was a pretty handsome aircraft, probably their best looking ever ! :piliot:

I can understand why it would interest many modelers around in 1/32, even though it is not my personal cup of tea (but not because of the look, rather because I am not a great fan of grey / camoed A/C) !

Hubert

Woohoo! Here's another one.

Charles Metz

Nice video Charles. The very end clip of the final Buccaneer flight into Brough brought back memories for watching it land. Due to the extreme length limitations at Brough, the RAF had to errect a mobile arrester barrier at the end of the runway (there is no run-off area, only a block of general admin offices) - the Buccaneer stopped well short of the barrier. The Buccaneer is still displayed at Brough today :piliot:.

Cheers

Derek

Hi Guys,

Back to some feedback to Mr. Song.

Mr. Song,

I hope you appreciate some feedback of us modellers on the Buccaneer.

Some time ago, while researching the Buccaneer for the build of two 1/72 scale Airfix kits,

I noticed the inner flaps are always down on parked aircraft.

It's shown on this picture borrowed from the Thunder and Lightnings website:

post-4267-1262982612.jpg

I noticed on the beautiful prototype model that the inner flaps appear to be designed fixed up to the inner wing.

DSC_0607.jpg

I hope you will consider making separate parts of these inner flaps in the kit.

This will make life easier for us modellers. Thanks in advance! :lol:

Cheers,

Peter

Time to clear the dust off my modeling tools and start modeling again after a long halt!

A 1/32 SCALE BUCCANEER is a MUST HAVE KIT. Thanks Trumpeter.

Kalla

Not wanting to confuse the issue, but the Cybermodeler website 'future kits' section was showing the scale of the Bucc as TBA?

Seems like they aren't even that sure themselves whether it's a 1/48 or 1/32 scale kit or not.

I think it would be helpful if Mr Song could finally put this one to rest for us. :goodjob:

Not wanting to confuse the issue, but the Cybermodeler website 'future kits' section was showing the scale of the Bucc as TBA?

Seems like they aren't even that sure themselves whether it's a 1/48 or 1/32 scale kit or not.

I think it would be helpful if Mr Song could finally put this one to rest for us. :whistle:

It was listed as a 1/32 scale kit the last time I visited Cybermodeler website but you are right, they changed it to TBA since then. I hope Mr. Song clarifies this confusion soon. :)

Kalla

• 7 months later...