Customising 1/35 scale figures

that I am working on is for a 1/35 dio of an artillery piece but the same techniques apply to figure for a LSP dio. I started out with a 30 year old friend from my spares box. A similar figure is on the left.The pose calls for no shirt so a lot of plastic was removed. The head was replaced with a Warriors Brand head(I think) The second pic shows the rough pose that I'm looking for.

Any interest? What say ye webmasters? I know this is not an a/c fig but does it matter? And if you let it go,where on the site would this thread belong?

Christmasandfig013.jpg

Christmasandfig012.jpg

How about some more aircraft related figures? Pilots, gunners, ground crew? I would prefer to put a full crew into a Ju-88 - if I had an idea how to make them (and how to slip them all into that cramped cockpit... :deadhorse: )

Regards! - dutik

How about some more aircraft related figures? Pilots, gunners, ground crew? I would prefer to put a full crew into a Ju-88 - if I had an idea how to make them (and how to slip them all into that cramped cockpit... :lol: )

Regards! - dutik

The techniques are the same for a/c related figures. I happen to be doing ground pounders but it's the same method to make aircrew.

JR

Are you adding figures to your line of products? If so, I'd be interested in some to include in my Iwo Jima dio.

Fred

I already had figures for sale on my website. Didn't do well at all. Why repeat? I was trying here to get a feel if guys wanted a thread to show them how to modify their own dio figs.

Powers that be?

JR

Sure JR. You're welcome to post any stuff like that in tips n tricks. That'd be great.

I like the arms with the dude and the shell. Better feet as well. He has a bit of a boof head though I reckon...either that or he has one seriously non-military haircut. Get them clippers onto him.

Grooomiiiing Standaaaaard!

He has long hair because it is a late war dio of a German gun crew. I found this pic in a german text book about the eastern front. The crew is obviously firing a "fire for effect/fpf mission"and have just been alerted at a moments notice so they are all out of uniform. Most are even wearing slippers or jym shoes with no shirt. The caption,loosely translated says"where are the parade ground uniforms or helmets now? At this point it just comes down to a man and his weapon. It was during the Rusian summer offensive against Armygroup Mittle"Bagration" which made the Normandy landing look like a raid in comparison.

Are you going to move this the the other forum or should I?

JR

Yep. The Russians wiped out the whole Heeresgruppe Mitte within a few weeks. German lines collapsed completly and the front moved some 100 kilometres westward.

At least this one weares no pink undies with "Für Führer, Volk und Vaterland" printed on :wacko: (there is an image of an US soldier securing his position in Afghanistan during an alert just wearing his gear, boots and pink shorts with "I love NY" slogan :m0152: ) (no pun intended).

Nice to see some non-mainstream ideas :mental:

Regards! - dutik

JR, your suggestion of a figure modelling thread is a great idea. I took a real interest in AFV modelling 30 years ago just to learn how model figures from the group of very talented AFV diarama modellers we had in the Auckland IPMS branch at the time (but alas all that tutoring has long been forgotten now). This was all in aid to adding air and ground crew figures to my model aircraft either in diaramas or just in the aircraft themselves.

Up until recently aviation has always pretty much been about both man and machine but for some reason we more often than not forget about the 'man' part. Perhaps it is more that we are just scared off the modelling the human element due to the challenge of posing and painting figures? I for one certainly look forward to seeing more of your figure modelling.

Kind Regards

Brent

Started on the 2nd fig after spending about 3 full days on the hardest model that I ever built(cannon). Not because it's a bad kit but because it had about 5 million little parts and I mean little.

I cut a corner by reversing the torso of the gun aimer to get the forward leaning pose. He began life as a American tanker from Dragon(excellent figure set). It took a lot of carving and sanding to get him down to a more skinny guy. The end of the war was not a time for overweight front soldiers and a lot of figs get this wrong. Here is the progress,

2fig001.jpg