1/32 Ju 88G-6

Pastor John

Thanks guys, great pic of ammo bin - will redo master accordingly. As for my rudder - yes it should indeed be standard - my eyes are playing tricks on me. I'm going to see if I can detail the cockpit and spray it without the vacuformed belly part that I am waiting for - then I just need to spray the inside of the belly part and offer it up. As for the rear kit gear bay parts I would like to get such a good fit that I can leave them off and paint them as a sub assembly so that I have plenty of scope to detail the UC.

Hi all, here are a few build shots. Please note I am not being precise with my electrical looms or anything - a) I am rushing as this is a test shot and serves to help me sell the set to be candid and :goodjob: as long as the finished model looks right I tend not to loose sleep over such things myself. I recently carved from wood an 'Egyptian' style pilot seat which will be part of the set (when more silicone arrives that is!) The seat is a litle wider than the kits frame so you will have a ammend the frame and put four notices in the resin ban before re-applying the adustor. The seat belts will be photo-etched and just add a cross piece near the top of the shoulder straps. The connecting points are wrong due to designing the seat belts based on the earlier seat.

post-6828-1263376977.jpg

Next up - nothing to do really with the AIMS set but just remember that the bomb aimers / now SN-2 operators back rest is smooth leather not as Revell have it as Guttorm kindly pointed out in his excellent build of the A-1. Note that many late war Ju 88s dispensed with the tail wheel mudguard.

post-6828-1263378042.jpg

Thankfully I was sent a test shot of the photo etch but sadly I failed to take advantage of the time frame and now it is too late to do anything as they are in production - there are two issues with the instrument panels - 1. the cut out for the kits moulded gun sight support strip in the upper nose is not in the right place - not a problem if you are using the vacuform canopy but it is easier from a modelling point of view to use the kit part really. The other related issue is that it could have done with having another 0.5mm in width at each corner - I designed it to fit rather than thinking about what should be! O and there is one more thing - I chopped off the left bottom corner detail as it is actually kit part H186 (amended). In real life there is a gap between the two parts which cannot be represented using the photo etch as is - besides I didn't get it long enough. trimming and chopping the kits instrument panel so that the PE part has a base really helps but you need to amend the back of it as well so that it fits 0.5mm further back

post-6828-1263378974.jpg

What follows are a number of shots of the photo etch being used in the cockpit. Evergreen 199 (6.3 by 6.3) plastic block was perfect for the SN-2 box - all the other boxes required a little more work. The photo etch side armour was a pain in the neck as even at 0.2mm it is just too tough to conform easily to the sides - much easier to use plastic sheet.

post-6828-1263379227.jpg

Because the evergreen block for the SN-2 stuck out past the photo etch backing I was able to drill a small hole in the back and locate a plastic rod from there to part of the front frame work to get the angle I wanted for the rack

post-6828-1263380043.jpg