P-47 D "Balls Out"

Hi all,

after a long breake, i'm finally back at the bench. About two years of doing this and that, starting different kits, working on and off on them, loosing the interest in the hobby, i was already at the point of giving up the whole crap. But then again, i can't sell all the great stuff i collected over years. My skills raised up the last years, (with the help of some great guys here) the models became better and better, it would be a pitty to stop now. What i stoped is the work for magazines. Building models is one thing, but if you have to it's another beer. I think that was the biggest part of loosing the interest in the hobby. Sure, it's great to see your own models in a magazine and earn some money with doing articles, but now i can build what i want and when i want.

Enough bla bla, let's get the party started!

Here is the new project

001-3.jpg

It will be this one (at least i hope laugh.gif)

002-3.jpg

Now i have a question to you T-Bolt Experts: Was it possible, to carry that drop tank, bombs AND the rockets all together? If yes, where are the roket pipes mounted? Exact location, maybe a drawing or a pic?

003-3.jpg

Which prop can i use for the "Balls Out"?

From left to right:

Hasegawa kit prop, Trumpeter prop ( think it should be the same one) and another Trump prop, which i would prefer as it looks bad! :evil_laugh:

004-3.jpg

A first test fit. Major fit is great, with exception of the enginecowling. Most of you will know it, it is sitting way to high.

005-2.jpg

To solve this problem, i cut off the front end of the fuselage. It will be glued back in place (the correct one) after the enginge pod and fuselage is done.

006-2.jpg

Another question about the engine wiring. There are 20 spark wire connectors at the below half of the gearbox. Does anyone have a good pic, which shows the way of the wires? And what about the 2 "unused" connectors?? Hope you know what i mean.

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Hello-the right prop is the one underneath with the ASSYMETRICAL blades-you must have in mind the D-30 bunch had the R-2800/59 engine WITHOUT the middle box between the magnetos which were the TURTLEBACKS,the way you have built it is the 2800/21-39 good for Razorbacks only-cheers

Edited by hayaman