The wooden wonder

Fozzie

Hi Mark so nice to hear from you hope all is well in the camp and a very happy new year to you sir.This really is a fantastic kit it just falls togather like no other Airfix kit i have made,im enjoying building her so much that my R/C Spitfire is on a hold at the mo.Im waiting for the pain dry on the engines so more pic's are soon to follow.

Clive.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

off work at the mo with a throat infection which has taken me voice away haha,but i have been able to get some things done on the ole Mossie.Its not a lot but things are slow here at the mo,dry fitting the Merlins to the wings what i can say is there a snug fit which is nice.The cockpit is comming along slowly but i should have the fuselage togather by the weekend with luck.

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

Thanks for the interest and happy modelling chaps.

Clive.

VERY nice start Fozzie!

I would definitely say the Mossie is my favorite all time Brit aircraft and most likely my second favorite of all time............first being the F7F; gotta love those twins........

I just picked up one of Revell's older 1/32 Mossies and cant wait to get started........your build is making me want to start it now!

Keep the pics comin!

Cheers,

Brian

TimW im real happy for you ,its a great plane and an excellent kit just take your time and as long as the end result looks swell to you thats all that counts.Thanks again for your comment and the same for who else has left a comment,more to come just taking its time to get here.I will take this oppertunity to appologise for the quality of some of the pic's as there from my mobile phone ,the camera is packed away ready for this years airshows as so not to get the dust inside it.

Cheers Clive.

TimW im real happy for you ,its a great plane and an excellent kit just take your time and as long as the end result looks swell to you thats all that counts.Thanks again for your comment and the same for who else has left a comment,more to come just taking its time to get here.I will take this oppertunity to appologise for the quality of some of the pic's as there from my mobile phone ,the camera is packed away ready for this years airshows as so not to get the dust inside it.

Cheers Clive.

You are right about taking your time...I shall savor this one like a gourmet meal--shouldn't be too hard with what 253 separate steps? Of course, the agonizing has begun over which version to make. But at least I already have my Eduard seat harnesses.

I like the Pacific theater so I was immediately attracted to the RAAF scheme...but the silver Mossie has never really wowed me. I like camouflage, so I'm more likely to do the Operation Jericho aircraft.

Some decals for 418 RCAF would be nice....

Regards,

Tim W.

Great Tony im glad to hear it,you won't be disappointed and you can do so much with this kit if you have good referances.Just remember to take your time and you will have an outstanding model.

All the best Clive.

My only pet peeve so far is that I had to print out the Humbrol paint list as everything in the instructions is "by the numbers."

But it's a minor quibble.

Tim W.