Sign in to follow this  
Sisco

1/32 Tamiya Spitfire

I've got a brand new 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire under the tree waiting for my grubby fingers! <_< Thinking of building it as Canadian Johnnie Johnson's MkIXc in 1943 or one of the American Spits? Would you believe I found this ON THE Shelf for $99.95, $107 and change with tax!? My wife bought it for me and I FORCED myself to place under the tree, after checking the box contents for damage! :) Wonder if I can get it finished for the "Aircraft of the Aces"group build??

Any suggestions?

Thinking of building it as Canadian Johnnie Johnson's MkIXc in 1943

Welcome to LSP!

Actually Jonnie Johnson wasn't a Canadian, he was a Brit put in command of the Canadian wing in early 1943

Cheers

Ron

Welcome to LSP!

Actually Jonnie Johnson wasn't a Canadian, he was a Brit put in command of the Canadian wing in early 1943

Cheers

Ron

Do you hear that sound? That's the sound of Ron bursting the bubble - the bubble full of the hopes, dreams and love of Canadian aviation history and their roll models that kids across Canada had with good ole Jonnie Johnson... now they'll have to look up to "Buzz"

Welcome to the forum good Sir!

I'd say that a Jonnie Johnson subject for the 1/32 Spit would be a pretty good one for sure.

Mark.

Welcome to LSP!

Cheers

Ron

Born down the road from here at Barrow-on-Soar

Do you hear that sound? That's the sound of Ron bursting the bubble - the bubble full of the hopes, dreams and love of Canadian aviation history and their roll models that kids across Canada had with good ole Jonnie Johnson... now they'll have to look up to "Buzz"

I'd say that a Jonnie Johnson subject for the 1/32 Spit would be a pretty good one for sure.

Mark.

That's funny,

I agree Jonnie Johnson's Spit is a pretty good one for sure

Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Ron

Mark.

Errrrr... you mean "Screwball"? That's how JEJ referred to him..... :goodjob:

In any case, it'll be his Mk.IXc that I'm going to build. VZ-B from the top of my head? I like the story where he left the formation after spotting an Fw 190, engaged and shot down the bugger after which he re-formed and nobody even noticed! Only his gun-camera film saved him from being called a liar over this! Great fighter pilot, should have been born earlier so he could fight in the Great War. Would have been equal to Albert Ball, also a young man intent on honing his aircraft into a better fighting machine and someone who was socially a little bit "off" in contact with his squdron mates.

Cheers,

Erik.

Sign in to follow this