Swordfish

LSP_Ron

Ron, your talent is really showing on this build.

I've managed to keep myself from purchasing the Swordfish thus far but your build; well.........

Excellent Work

Barry

Thanks for all the kind words all. I really like the pre-war colors. Here are a few more pics, the engine isn't glued on so that's why it's at a funny angle. I also noticed in one pic there's a funny mark on the right lower wing that I never noticed before. I'll have to hit that with some paint

PC210001.jpg

PC210002.jpg

PC210003.jpg

James, these are the decals I've orderd but haven't arrived yet. I am not sure which plane I will do yet

X32-014Swordfish_fs.jpg

Thanks

Ron

Ron the fuselage band goes down lovely with microsol/set. I had no problems with them. The rigging is a mare isn't it?

The Xtradecal markings are great. I have the Black planes spares if you need extras.

Thanks Lars

Ron the fuselage band goes down lovely with microsol/set. I had no problems with them. The rigging is a mare isn't it?

The Xtradecal markings are great. I have the Black planes spares if you need extras.

Thats good to know Dave. I don't expect the decals to arrive until the new year. I just ordered them last weekend and with X-mas and all I think they will be awhile. I am not sure which plane I will do with the decals.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all

Here is a little update. My decals came in earlier this week so I added them last night. I did't choose the flashier scheme and went for the simple black fin flash. I haven't seen a kit done up in scheme yet so I thought it would be a little different. I like the pre-war silver/grey schemes, they look good.

Now to finish up weathering, added control cables and this one should be done

Cheers

P1080005.jpg

P1080006.jpg

Thanks guys,

Aside from the wings and rigging being very difficult to assemble (at least for me) this has been a gem of a kit. Very fun to build, I am enjoying it a lot and like the look of it in these markings. A Hawker Nimrod would sure look good beside it :speak_cool:

They say that imitation is the best form of flattery, Iv'e got one of these to do and I will certainly be taking the same route as your good self.

That build is superb and I love the colour scheme, didnt even know it existed but then again Iv'e not really started my research yet.

Beautiful stuff. dunno if ill do it the same justice though