F-16 in Thunderbirds Colors

b757captain

Finally finished it! This particular kit can boast that it has traveled 2/3rds of the way around the world - I bought it while in Dubai last year, started it but then came home, so all I have to do is take it to Japan and the journey will be complete. Kudos to Tamiya for their packaging - the allowance for disassembly and transport in the original box actually works! Built OOB. I'm not a fan of acrylic paints, so color matching in enamel took some experimenting. Now for the gripes: the included canopy mask left me with paint on the canopy. I'll go back to my old method for my remaining F-16 when i get to that one. Fit was almost too good - in several places the tolerances are so tight that pre-painting is not an option, and in others I was very worried that the pressure needed to fit some parts together would break the parts. Didn't happen but I was cringing a few times. My apologies for the photo quality - I'm currently living on my sailboat and space is at a premium!

post-5282-1260977861.jpg

I only seem to be able to upload 100K worth of pics. Any help as to how to get more photos in the thread?

Very nice TBird! I can't seem to build while traveling, so kudo's to you. Judging from your name, i guess you don't get a lot of lost luggage. :wow:

You can only upload 100K for each post to this site. If you use PhotoBucket or another web hosting site you can attach much bigger pics. LSP is perhaps the last site that will allow you to upload pics straight to here. You can aways add more posts (with more pics) to the thread. (Hint, Hint)

Sincerely,

Crash

OH, and welcome to LSP!