Trumpeter Bf 109E-3

Haggis

Hi everyone. The banter has already started on HS. Some are having a go on the accuracy of the nose by looking at the drawings in the instructions! :frantic:

Anyway, here are the links so you can make your own mind up. It seems a bit more complicated than the Eduard offering but you do get an open radio bay which is welcome plus a complete open nose unlike Eduard. They've gone for Priller's aircraft, nice and original!!!!!!!!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10099481

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10099481z11/70/11

I would love to have a closer look at it in the flesh.

What is going on with the propeller in that photo? There is some funky lighting juju going on there... It almost makes it look as if the two top blades are reversed and the bottom blade is pointing the right way. Strange!

Radu

10099481n5.jpg

I would love to have a closer look at it in the flesh.

What is going on with the propeller in that photo? There is some funky lighting juju going on there... It almost makes it look as if the two top blades are reversed and the bottom blade is pointing the right way. Strange!

Radu

post-542-1260543692.jpg

l tend to agree with your observation here Radub. Upon closer inspection l see it more clearly and l dont think its a funky lighting effect

MMMMM.... one prop blade set up for counterclockwise rotation.... the other two clockwise.... that would make for interesting performance characteristics on the full size article..... :frantic:

I think somebody should chuck the Trumpy kit's prop in a Dremel tool to find out! :frantic: :frantic:

At least it should be a source of SOME parts for kitbashing with the Eduard issue.....

Jennings, I have that 109s in Swiss service book by Georg Hoch. Its in German, but let me know if you need any info as its pretty expensive to buy. Actually, would any German speakers care to buy it 2nd hand?

Hi Gents,

I just took mine out of the box. All of the prop blades are angled the same. Viewed from the cockpit they would rotate clockwise. One item I have noticed; the demarcation for Priller's yellow nose is incorrect on the markings directions and the box art. Eduard would have you bring the yellow cowling color back over the air intake scoop and covering the cowl guns access panel to the windscreen. The b&w photo on page 4 of Scale Aircraft Modelling's Combat Colours # 1 appears to show the yellow ending at the forward edge of the intake scoop. The painted area aft of this panel line is covered with a dense spray of what looks like RLM 71. An easy fix.

Cheers!

Greg

Hi Gents,

I just took mine out of the box. All of the prop blades are angled the same. Viewed from the cockpit they would rotate clockwise. One item I have noticed; the demarcation for Priller's yellow nose is incorrect on the markings directions and the box art. Eduard would have you bring the yellow cowling color back over the air intake scoop and covering the cowl guns access panel to the windscreen. The b&w photo on page 4 of Scale Aircraft Modelling's Combat Colours # 1 appears to show the yellow ending at the forward edge of the intake scoop. The painted area aft of this panel line is covered with a dense spray of what looks like RLM 71. An easy fix.

Cheers!

Greg

you got yourhands on one allready?

you got yourhands on one allready?

I think there's some confusion here between the Eduard kit and the new Trumpeter kit. Radu was pointing out a visual anomaly with the prop blades of the new Trumpeter kit, whereas I suspect Greg is talking solely about the Eduard kit.

Kev