Jv 44, Me 262

Allok

As I have now sold my old Hasegawa 262, I've been pondering what direction I want to take with the Trumpeter one I bought to replace it. I would have liked to have done a pilot specific plane (Eg. Josef Priller) but it is my understanding that the Pilots from Jv44 just used the nearest available plane. Apart from the Galland-Stigler plane, I am struggling to find after-market markings for any of these planes.

Or am I looking in the wrong places?

I suppose I could just do the kit supplied Nowotny scheme...

What do you guys think?

Shameless plug..........:)

I'm sitting here trying to finish up the masters for the Me262A-1a/U4 conversion I'm working on. If you want to do something truly different, Willi Herget flew the 1st prototype in action with JV44. No markings needed (except a Werke Numer), overall 83 (supposedly) with a bare metal nose.

You may want to pick up a copy of the Osprey title (Aviation Elite Units) "Jagverband 44: Squadron of Experten." For a modest price, it has 18 very nice color plates. Many of the JV44 birds were simply overall solid green, with a white number, or no number at all (just a werke number). You can probably match the font/size of the white numbers if you try hard enough.

Email me if you need more help, I have the OOP Classic Publications book and others on JV44.

Best regards,

Scott Negron

www.tigermodels.com

If you want to do something truly different, Willi Herget flew the 1st prototype in action with JV44. No markings needed (except a Werke Numer), overall 83 (supposedly) with a bare metal nose.

Is this the tail dragger? Mmmm... not from a Trump kit buddy.

You may want to pick up a copy of the Osprey title (Aviation Elite Units) "Jagverband 44: Squadron of Experten." For a modest price, it has 18 very nice color plates. Many of the JV44 birds were simply overall solid green, with a white number, or no number at all (just a werke number). You can probably match the font/size of the white numbers if you try hard enough.

I did check this book out on-line, great profiles. I guess it would be simple enough to do "White 4".

Right, honkin big gun, great stuff.

Thanks Scott.

I'll be sticking with a traditional scheme.

The Eagle Editions newsletter for November states that they plan to release four new decal sheets in January. The first three are for FW 190 D's. The fourth, stock number 127, is for two Me 262's; "White << +" Adolf Galland JV 44. and "Black << +" Major Rudi Sinner of JG 7. There are two photos of "White << + in " Volume 2 of the Doras publication. I hope you find this to be good news.

Cheers!

Greg