More about Zoukei-Mura's new 1/32 Shinden kit

CharlesMetz

Hopefully "sold out" means "just for now, we'll have more later."

I'd like to get one, but I'm not paying almost $200 they've been

going for on ebay.

It may sounds like that's what they mean. Zoukei-Mura will attend the Nuremberg International Toy Fair, which starts tomorrow. Here's what they say on their website regarding that event:

"The Shinden soars in the German skies!! The 'Nuremberg International Toy Fair' is famous around the world as an exhibition of toys, hobby & leisure goods, and ZOUKEI-MURA will be displaying the 'Shinden' there! We want scale hobby fans from around the world to be able to see the 'Shinden' for real!"

A bit funny if they're going to promote a kit that is out of production :) .

(-: Roy

According to the Japanese fellow I got mine from, they have sold out of the entire first run of kits. He could not get any firm answer as to when they would be available again, but they were already taking preorders. He ordered another three kits.

Just received a reply. Looks like the next run will depend on pre-orders.

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for your email.

Thank you very much for your interest in our Shinden kit.

It is with regret that we must inform you that unfortunately all of our stock of the first production run of our Shinden kit is now sold out, and so we are no longer able to arrange to restock this kit at our website store at this time.

We would like to offer the following explanation in the hopes that it may help you better understand our situation.

We are still a small, inexperienced manufacturer, and we are simply unable to anticipate sales and hold a large quantity of stock in the same way that the larger, more senior manufacturers are capable of. The truth is, we only produced a surprisingly small number of Shinden for the first production run, and thanks to the support of our customers it has sold out incredibly quickly.

As for the second production run, as soon as we can confirm a certain pre-order amount, we can place an order with our factory.

In the very near future we intend to establish a pre-order form on our website as well, so please consider placing a pre-order once that is available.

Unfortunately, if we are not able to confirm enough pre-orders, then the Shinden will remain 'sold out' for a considerable length of time. However even if that should happen, we will be sure to prioritize delivery to those customers who do pre-order, so please do not worry.

If you would like to read more information about this, there is further information explained at the following page, so please feel free to take a look.

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/news/onrei.html

We look forward to receiving your pre-order in the future.

Sincerely,

VOLKS Web Site Service Center

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

VOLKS INC.

60 Goshonouchi Nakamachi,

Shichi-jo, Shimogyo-ku,

Kyoto,

Japan 600-8862

Email: imos@volks.co.jp

URL: http://www.volks.co.jp/en/

When you click on the link in my previous post, you'll see this at the bottom of the page....

As soon as we confirm a set number of pre-orders, the second production run will be possible.

Pre-Orders can be made at your local Volks store, at our mail order center, or via our website. (A deposit is not required. Please note: for pre-orders via the website, please wait a short while until the pre-order form is established.)

Furthermore please be aware in advance that if pre-orders do not reach a set number, there may be a considerable wait time involved. We appreciate your understanding.

* Note: we are planning to begin pre-orders for the second SWS from April. Don't miss it!

I wonder what the next release will be!?

• 1 month later...

The Japanesse Gentleman that was taking the pre-orders for the second batch is no longer a Registered E-bay seller. Did he take my money and run or does anyone know anymore information? I pre-ordered 2 of these kits and it is coming up on decision time, should I go for a refund or trust this guy and ride it out to the end? What do youi think?

Cheers

Probably not necessary to post this on every thread that has ever dealt with the subject. I have provided you with the email address I had for the seller on your other thread...

Probably not necessary to post this on every thread that has ever dealt with the subject. I have provided you with the email address I had for the seller on your other thread...

Did not even look at the heading , thought it was the other excellant Modellers News Group