More about Zoukei-Mura's new 1/32 Shinden kit

CharlesMetz

Below is a link to the Vallejo PDF catalog. The colors are on pages 6 - 13. The color chips are much better than the instructions.

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/Extras/doc...goModelismo.pdf

Below is my list of the Vallejo color and Vallejo color names from the instruction page.

Vallejo Number /Color

71007 Olive Green

70344 White

71003 Scarlet Red

72007 Gold Yellow

71040 Burnt Umber

70974 Green Sky

72053 Chainmail Silver

72054 Gun Metal

71073 Black Metal

70861 Gloss Black

71063 Silver

70820 White

70306 Dark Rubber

72049 Stonewall Grey

Kyle

Below is a link to the Vallejo PDF catalog. The colors are on pages 6 - 13. The color chips are much better than the instructions.

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/Extras/doc...goModelismo.pdf

Below is my list of the Vallejo color and Vallejo color names from the instruction page.

Vallejo Number /Color

71007 Olive Green

70344 White

71003 Scarlet Red

72007 Gold Yellow

71040 Burnt Umber

70974 Green Sky

72053 Chainmail Silver

72054 Gun Metal

71073 Black Metal

70861 Gloss Black

71063 Silver

70820 White

70306 Dark Rubber

72049 Stonewall Grey

Kyle

....and here's a great place to purchase them.

http://snmstuff.co.uk/default.aspx

Just recieved my two today! They look amazing. One kit has several figures, and a boarding ladder, too.

Look carefully at ALL of the papers packaged with your kit(s). One sheet in the options advertisements shows where part D36 (main spar & frame) will need to be trimmed.

D

Well, I would have gotten mine today, but the mail person was apparently to lazy to get out of the truck to ring the doorbell and just left a slip to pick it up at the PO on Monday, even though I was home. Unfortunately, with where I work and the PO hours, I would have to leave work early to make it to the PO, and I won't do that. Guess the kit will get sent back, or someone at the PO will have a nice kit to sell on eBay if they don't want it.

What would one speculate as to what color the wheel well bays should be? Would it be aluminum color or aotake? From the instruction booklet it looks like it says to paint the nose gear bay white. The main gear bays look to be silver. I wasn't aware that you can view the engine from underneath through part of the main gear bays! Awesome!

I do love the engineering as to the way they made the main spar and partial internal fuselage framing and nose section for the cannons as once piece and to attached the main outer panels to it. Fit of some of the main parts seems to be pretty good.

I do hope their next kit will be a Ki 45 or Ki 46.

Mark H

I just picked mine up about 2 hours ago.

I was NOT PLEASED to see a 2" diameter hole in the box. This looks like an impact park from something dropped on the shipping box. Someone was kind enough to write "FRAGILE" on ALL sides of the box.

Seeing as it is -20C here with the windchill I decided to unpack at home.

Thankfully the kit seems fine. The bubble wrap on the inside of the kit box is a great idea.

I saw that page D. Bellis.

It looks like there are changes at steps 6, 30 19 ?

Anyone fluent in Japanese?

The kit looks great!! I am very happy with it and feel lucky to have it.

Well, I would have gotten mine today, but the mail person was apparently to lazy to get out of the truck to ring the doorbell and just left a slip to pick it up at the PO on Monday, even though I was home. Unfortunately, with where I work and the PO hours, I would have to leave work early to make it to the PO, and I won't do that. Guess the kit will get sent back, or someone at the PO will have a nice kit to sell on eBay if they don't want it.

Dave,

There should be an option on the slip that allows you to sign the slip authorizing them to leave the package.

After you get it, you might want to lodge a complaint with your local postmaster about that incident. Hard to say if that would make your home service better or worse, though.

D

Dave,

There should be an option on the slip that allows you to sign the slip authorizing them to leave the package.

After you get it, you might want to lodge a complaint with your local postmaster about that incident. Hard to say if that would make your home service better or worse, though.

D

There is a box checked on the form that says you or your agent must be present at the time of delivery to sign for the package. I've had this option for UPS packages, but it looks like the PO wants a human being to sign for the package.

Mines in a ParcelFarce depot about 20 miles away. £12 VAT to pay (ok by me), but the PF Clearance Fee is £13.50, and they won't be getting that! The fee is because PF paid the VAT/Duty on my behalf, which of course I never asked them to. If you are in the UK, this fee is already questionable by law, and if you mention that it is an illegal fee and you never asked then to administer the Duty on your behalf (thus giving you NO option), then they seem to quickly rescind the fee.

Remember, as long as you pay your VAT or Duty, ParcelFarce CANNOT withold the parcel in lieu of their own fee. This is a criminal offence on their behalf.

Have fun........... :thumbsup:

I know in Japan a lot of companies are pretty much off the 1 to 2 weeks this time of year. I'm sure they are now catching up. I plan to order at least one more kit and the jet engine aftermarket item. Once I showed a few people the kit they where really surprised on the fine detail and now want to order one.

Kyle