LF photo of Fw190 F-8

Don Watters

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me locate a photo of an SG.77 or SG.3 Fw 190 F-8. Tactical markings 'Green <<+-'. Artwork featuring this a/c can be found in Kagero's Fw 190 Vol. III.

If anyone with a better database than my limited one (Dr. Metz?) has a reference listing for this I'd be much obliged.

TIA.

you're welcome

there are some members who "cross over", but please keep in mind LEMB is a research forum, and not a modelling one per se...

i have always found them happy to help, but am also concious of not wanting to make a pest of myself by asking questions i could probably answer myself with 30 minutes internet research

hth

Nick

Don:

It has been my experience to view Kagero profiles with a strong sense of distrust. I have every one of their titles pertaining to Luftwaffe subject matter and their profiling with associated captioning is full of errors.

Now, if you want to model "Green Double Chevron", might I suggest that you purchase EagleCals #91, They supply markings for this aircraft and include three photos of it, including nice views of the fuselage markings. BTW, the aircraft is identified as a Fw 190 F-9 of Luftflotte 4, W.Nr. 428639. EC also provide a number of details that are applicable to achieving an accurate build. Further resin bits are called out for in the instructions which can be purchased from Eagle Editions

HTH

Mark Proulx

Now, if you want to model "Green Double Chevron", might I suggest that you purchase EagleCals #91, They supply markings for this aircraft and include three photos of it, including nice views of the fuselage markings. BTW, the aircraft is identified as a Fw 190 F-9 of Luftflotte 4, W.Nr. 428639. EC also provide a number of details that are applicable to achieving an accurate build. Further resin bits are called out for in the instructions which can be purchased from Eagle Editions

HTH

Mark Proulx

Mark

Many thanks for the information and advice. I'm really looking to do a late war A-9 with 81/82/83 colours in some combination, so your link to EagleCals #91 has killed that particular idea. :thumbsup: I'd rather be accurate, so thanks for the heads up.

I'd also like to congratulate you on the 'Wings of the Black Cross' series you have worked on/written. I value them highly in terms of rarity of photo and information. I look forward to adding to my collection of them.

Hi Don,

I just found this thread; sorry for being late to the party. Please clarify: Are you looking for a good scheme for an F-8 or for an A-9? Unfortunately, well-documented examples of 81/82, 81/83 and 82/83 are rare for both of those aircraft, as far as I know. Would 75/83 meet your need? Personally, I rather like this one:

backcover.jpg

... but no, I don't have a photo.

The above scan is posted under standard "Fair Use" conditions.

Charles Metz

• 3 weeks later...
I just found this thread; sorry for being late to the party. Please clarify: Are you looking for a good scheme for an F-8 or for an A-9? Unfortunately, well-documented examples of 81/82, 81/83 and 82/83 are rare for both of those aircraft, as far as I know. Would 75/83 meet your need? Personally, I rather like this one:

Charles Metz

Thanks for your reply, Charles. I'm starting to find out how difficult it is to find one, so not sure what to do atm. The scheme you posted is one I have from Tamiya in 1/48, so I've got that covered. :clap2:

I'm looking for a 'generic' late war 190 to show a mismatch of parts and components in the confusion of the time. I have one option - that of an A8 with what looks to me like a 76 tail and a 75 rudder. This may be the 'winner'.

Thanks again for your response.

Regards

Don Watters