Rivets on Trumpy's F8F-1

Dekon

Well, I'm finally getting around to working on my Trumpeter F8F-1. I was just wondering, I've used whiteout on some smaller small aircraft to cover up small ejection pin marks and the like. I found it easy to use and quick and easy to sand down. Do you think this would work with the rivets on the Bearcat? Anybody have any other suggestions to smooth them over?

TIA

Richard

I just got done building that kit - Foiled Trumpy 1/32 F8F-1 Bearcat

I was thinking the same thing after doing the research and found that they were not that noticeable on the 1:1 Bearcat. Me personally, I adhere STRICTLY to the L.A.R scale of modeling (Looks About Right) so I decided to forge ahead, not wanting to sand and fill the WHOLE plane.

It worked out perfect for me as I foiled my entire F8F-1 (which by the way it should be noted that Trumpeter ROYALLY screwed up the exhaust and exhaust exits up on their F8F-1, basically taking the F8F-2 fuse and shorting the vertical stab and rudder to make a "F8F-1"), and the Renalds Wrap foil I used on it, calmed some of the deepness out of the rivets once it was complete.

I would also recommend getting Aires cockpit set and their wheel bay set. I put both of those along with all the PE sets into my Thai F8F-1 and it helped the kit out immensely. I put some work into the wheel bay set to get it to fit like I wanted, including drilling out the charger inlets as well.

Cheers,

Brian

Thanks for the tips guys. Brian, your Bearcat is awesome looking :DodgeBall: . It looks like it is really made of aluminium. The different shades is fantastic. I might have to try that technique on a 1/48 B-58 Hustler that I have.

Richard

I might have to try that technique on a 1/48 B-58 Hustler that I have.

Richard

NICE!

I am going to do the same thing........... A while back I picked up a long out of production version of that Hustler kit from oldmodelkits.com .........the "Big Bad and Beautiful" B-58 known as "Old Grandpappy" The foil is gonna look awesome on that B-58 kit!

Heres a great source for Hustler stuff to:

B-58 Hustler