Hasegawa Fw 190S Conversion

LSP_Kevin

So, the cockpit assemblies are now complete, except for one vital element: the seat belts! I've come to realise that I only have one set to spare, but I can't get hold of a matching set any time soon. Is it OK to mix Radu's standard beige and late-war olive green belts on the same aircraft? My gut tells me it's not, but would like to hear from you guys on the issue. If I can't get away with that, I'll have to shell out for two new sets of HGW belts.

Kev

Nice to see this moving smoothly ahead, hope it stays that way for you Kev.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks, Den. Plenty of work to do yet, and I'll need to reshape the spine hump once the fuselage is together, and I'll probably have to fabricate a new canopy, too. The UMI conversion part is horrible.

Kev

Kais is very generously sending me a spare set of Radu's beige seat belts, for which I'm suitably grateful. Thanks, Kais!

In the meantime, I thought I'd post a token update just to keep this build thread alive. Firstly, here's a photo of the front cockpit, all finished except for the seat:

FNcDmL.jpg

I used airscale decals on the rear instrument panel. Just a reminder that the detailing and painting is almost entirely fictitious, and done for the sake of expediency, not accuracy. So, please don't follow my example! I'm pretty pleased with the way it looks, however. Sorry about the low angle - I've converted to using a tripod for all my photos at the moment, and while this clearly affords sharper images, it does limit the angles and perspectives I can get photos from.

Here's the engine, looking like some kind of Transformers edition of the lunar lander:

HThs3O.jpg

This will be almost completely unseen on the finished model, so I put almost no effort into it.

I've taken the opportunity to start building the MPM 1/48 Fw 190S kit I have in the stash, as it seemed logical to build them in parallel:

8PDVlV.jpg

The box was getting quite damaged, too, which was another motivating factor in starting it. I might start a separate build thread on it in Non-LSP Works, if there's interest.

Kev