Revell Hurricane Mk1 Reissue

Mr Creosote

First off,my apologies if this has been posted before. I just bought the RoG Hurricane MK1 reissue and what is in the box are the Mk2c moldings. The instruction sheet has you removing the cannon barrel fairings and fairings. You do get what look to be nice decals for Tuck's BoB A/C. I am a bit disappointed in this release. I was hoping for the Mk1 wing bits. Alright then,a Mk1 will be a bit of a flog then.

-RD

Apart from the nose contours (which even the big Airfix one got wrong---but Trump. get spectacularly right)!--and terrible wheels and spinner (the 'original mk.1 was nothing like correct---the mk.11 (now mk.1) is not as bad and could suffice)---the Revell Hurri is actually a very good O.O.B. for those happy with that--or an excellent basis for 'working up' to whatever level fancy or abilities suggest.

The mushroom rivets on wings are grossly overdone--yet the wings are quite excellent for all that---and how many kits of it's vintage don't suffer from some 'period failings'!

With (oops! nearly forgot) new exhausts----- wheels, prop/spinner a very good Hurri can be turned out. And at the price--and being the only game in town--------

Dave.

The kit itself is an accurate Mk I, it's just a little sparse on the details, and has a lot of raised detail, these guys can help with detail parts though.

http://www.greymatterfigures.com/index.php?p=1&cat=24

Cheers

Den

Nice stuff but ouch! to get set up with everything less underwing stores will set you back $100.oo US not including the kit. And some are complaining about the projected cost of some pending new releases that likely won't need aftermarket?

Apart from the nose contours (which even the big Airfix one got wrong---but Trump. get spectacularly right)!--and terrible wheels and spinner (the 'original mk.1 was nothing like correct---the mk.11 (now mk.1) is not as bad and could suffice)---the Revell Hurri is actually a very good O.O.B. for those happy with that--or an excellent basis for 'working up' to whatever level fancy or abilities suggest.

The mushroom rivets on wings are grossly overdone--yet the wings are quite excellent for all that---and how many kits of it's vintage don't suffer from some 'period failings'!

With (oops! nearly forgot) new exhausts----- wheels, prop/spinner a very good Hurri can be turned out. And at the price--and being the only game in town--------

Dave.

I have to agree with Dave,although I think it is a bit of a misrepresentation of the plane inside the box,and I think that Revell could have been a little more forthcoming about the wings (Unless I missed some announcements they made ) and the modification involved in correcting them.But like the man said "Its the only game in town".

Hey Tamiya!!! we dont need another Spit, we need a correct Hurricane LOL :) Pappy1

The misrepresentation aspect of it was my main issue,esp for the price. I paid full retail for it,about 40.00 USD. It was admittedly a whim buy. I basically want to get the word out so other folks will know what they are getting in this boxing. Had I known before hand I *may* have sourced a vintage Mk1. The "Mk2c" kits are relatively inexpensive. I think I bought one for 5.00 USD not too long ago.

I agree : A new tool 32nd scale Hurricane would be more than welcome!

I will be ordering up some of the resin bits. Thanks for the link Den.

-RD

I have to agree with Dave,although I think it is a bit of a misrepresentation of the plane inside the box,and I think that Revell could have been a little more forthcoming about the wings (Unless I missed some announcements they made ) and the modification involved in correcting them.But like the man said "Its the only game in town".

Hey Tamiya!!! we dont need another Spit, we need a correct Hurricane LOL :) Pappy1

Yes I would have much preffered a new tool Hurricane rather than another Spitfire, I've got two or three of the Revell Hurricanes and have lifted the box lid on them quite a few times looked in and quickly put them back in the loft.

So having given up on a new tool I'm currently building one of the original Mk I boxings, it's fun ! So far I only plan to use resin wheels and tailwheel (and a bit of patience)

Cheers

Den

Yes I would have much preffered a new tool Hurricane rather than another Spitfire, I've got two or three of the Revell Hurricanes and have lifted the box lid on them quite a few times looked in and quickly put them back in the loft.

So having given up on a new tool I'm currently building one of the original Mk I boxings, it's fun ! So far I only plan to use resin wheels and tailwheel (and a bit of patience)

Cheers

Den

If you have a revell Spit. mk1/11--the ex Hasegawa that is----you can use the mk.11 rotol prop/spinner---or if you used that option--the alternative spinners are way better than the 'original' revell Hurri one.

I think I have the Rotol spinner--but gave away to one of the guys props--still.....let me check..

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Great idea, it never crossed my mind to use the Hasagawa Spitfire Prop and spinner for the Hurricane, I've got a box full of Hasagawa Spitfire parts as well, and I have used modified Mk V exhausts for the Hurricane and various cockpit parts.

Have to have a look

Cheers

Den

I picked up 3 of the Mk II boxings with the fake sand on the back for diorama use for $15 each plus tax a few years ago. To put the same kit in a new box, call it something it isn't and then sell it for $40 is fraud plain n simple. Revell is well known for doing it but we keep getting sucked in.

Sabre

I picked up 3 of the Mk II boxings with the fake sand on the back for diorama use for $15 each plus tax a few years ago. To put the same kit in a new box, call it something it isn't and then sell it for $40 is fraud plain n simple. Revell is well known for doing it but we keep getting sucked in.

Sabre

I hear you Sabre---but feel that 'fraud' is a bit strong! ---it's 20pounds over here---and that seems totally acceptable to me------like all oldies though, I may be letting sentamentalist feelings cloud the issue a bit--but even if so guity-----20 quid aint bad ......

Dave.