Trumpy 1/32 F8F Thai AF Bearcat

Out2gtcha

1 hour ago, Panzerwomble said:

Apart from some manners , and respect for others on the forum . You're well out of order in my opinion .

PW - just a "monkey" apparently .

Can't believe what I have just seen here Panzer!...had to look at his join date to make sure he just didn't sign up to have a go at Brian!

Edited by Jeff T

On 11/18/2022 at 7:44 AM, Jeff T said:

.......had to look at his join date to make sure he just didn't sign up to have a go at Brian!

Me too.

In my experience new members get the "vibe" pretty quickly but he has been on here since 2003 so it seems not.

Bit like digging up a dead body to tell them you don't like them.

First post on this one after 12 years was pure pedantry.

The second was condescending and patronising.

Perhaps he should have taken the time to look at Brian's builds detailed in his sig ?

:doh:

Edited by PhilB

15 hours ago, PhilB said:

Me too.

In my experience new members get the "vibe" pretty quickly but he has been on here since 2003 so it seems not.

Bit like digging up a dead body to tell them you don't like them.

First post on this one after 12 years was pure pedantry.

The second was condescending and patronising.

Perhaps he should have taken the time to look at Brian's builds detailed in his sig ?

:doh:

Haha!! I love that..."digging up a dead body to tell them you don't like them."

Perfectly said, all of this. I did a double take seeing his posts, thinking, "Am I still on LSP?" Seriously? Incorrect gunsight? Never mind the rest of his post, especially considering the quality of all Brian's builds . One of the rudest and most unnecessary remarks I've seen anywhere. 

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

On 11/13/2022 at 4:00 PM, STM said:

As far as the exhaust goes, it depends on the variant. Take a sanding stick and correct the cowl shape, if you are a competent modeler it should take 10 minutes. What about the gear placement and wheel wells is wrong? The MLG fork is too short, an easy fix for a competent modeler. 

Are you a competent modeler (aka builder rather than an assember) or someone who just spends a $hit load of money on aftermarket and is satisfied with using other people's work rather doing it yourself? I am the former. There is very little I cannot fix and that is the whole fun of modeling. You can teach a monkey to put a model together, it takes a real modeler to actually build a model. 

Wow....:huh: I dont even understand the purpose of such an agressive and provocative comment....

Are there any pictures that we can see of this build?  I can say I have never built a perfect kit representation by many standards. It seems to be something like the issues between the great artists of the past here. Everyone has their approach to our representation of our art. 

Edited by Steve Eagle