HOLY CRAP! AN F-35!

DMunne

:beer4: :m0152: :m0152: :clap2: :clap2:

Could it be! Have the modeling gods smiled down on us! It appears to be true.

LINKY!!

Now who is going to grace us with a F-22! Sorry guys, for us guys that like things that blow, this is HUGE news.

Sincerely,

Crash :punk:

EDIT: Got to excited. Go to the bottom of the page for pics of Trumps F/A-18E and F-14D. Oh and there is a 1/18 scale F-14 too. :bow:

I got burned on Lindberg's 1/72 I-53 sub (more caricature / toy than scale model)......

I'll never pre-order a Lindberg product again.......Hope they do better with those future releases.

I'll wait for some good reviews before I buy that 1/144 Arizona and 32nd F-35 though.

Virtually all the aviation mags out here over the last few in the UK have been covering the F-35 development airframes , so there is plenty of reference materials out there , but I'm waiting for a bit yet , still a bit early to be modelling such an imprtant airframe while its still in testing .. full marks for ambition tho'

Well this is the only F-35 australia will have in the front line before 2015

Should have kept the aardvarks in service longer saved the money on the "super" hornets bought "some" new silent eagles or russian aircraft, this seems to me like a harrier a bit stealthy and a little faster, Bloody howard government did the deal before seeing anything else! :)

Otherwise great spotting this thanks indeed - many marking options. in the future - hope its finished before it comes out

Ads

• 1 month later...
Because it would be a 100% new tool, that's why. There's almost nothing whatever in common between a YF-22 and an F-22 other than the name.

J

good point...I've been working on/off on the YF kit and guess I'll just fininsh it as a prototype.

Bruce

What I find interesting is the resurgence of Lindberg and Hawk. An asian company bought the dies and the rights to the names of these two old, pioneering plastic model companies about two - three years ago.

The 1/144 Battleship Arizona is a real beauty judging from the photograph. I am impressed. I like big models of warships. I once had the old wood model of the U.S.S. Texas that Popular Science magazine marketed in 1939. The wood model was 36 inches long and made a very impressive model indeed. I sold that a long time ago. I still have that large U.S.S. New Jersey wood model that is built up.

Now, if 1/144 scale catches on for model warships in plastic, then maybe some company will offer an Aircraft Carrier kit in that scale. The Essex woiuld be great in that scale since she served all through the war and a modeler could put all of the U.S. Navy WW2 aircraft models on it. I believe that most of them are available in 1/144 scale.

Just a thought.

Stephen

What I find interesting is the resurgence of Lindberg and Hawk. An asian company bought the dies and the rights to the names of these two old, pioneering plastic model companies about two - three years ago.

The 1/144 Battleship Arizona is a real beauty judging from the photograph. I am impressed. I like big models of warships. I once had the old wood model of the U.S.S. Texas that Popular Science magazine marketed in 1939. The wood model was 36 inches long and made a very impressive model indeed. I sold that a long time ago. I still have that large U.S.S. New Jersey wood model that is built up.

Now, if 1/144 scale catches on for model warships in plastic, then maybe some company will offer an Aircraft Carrier kit in that scale. The Essex woiuld be great in that scale since she served all through the war and a modeler could put all of the U.S. Navy WW2 aircraft models on it. I believe that most of them are available in 1/144 scale.

Just a thought.

Stephen

I with you Stephen, I would love to see more 1/144 WW II warships.

Barry