Slingshot fighter

LSP_K2

More rocket work done; new dome sculpted, rocket exhaust epoxied in place. Next up will be epoxy putty welds. This may not be 100% correctly proportioned, and I may redo. I need to think about it.

By far one of my favorite (Boeing provided) photos is this one.

I have made one master and three copies of the L-shaped pneumatically operated arm in the above photo. I believe the proportions are acceptable.

My original thinking was to be Ebenezer like, and not spend more than a minimum on this effort. I have subsequently reasoned that I'll probably only do this once in my lifetime, so I might as well get completely stupid about it, so I just ordered this.

Hey Kev, I've been lurking and following along..great work ! Love what your doing and the detail work is awesome. It's certainly a one of a kind build and will look great on both the contest table and your showcase !

Cheers

Vaughn

Thanks Vaughn. I've been wanting to do something "off the beaten path" for quite some time, and this is the first of those efforts. I even considered it with the 1:48 Monogram kit for a while, until I heard of the release of this kit, then my course was set.

On 12/19/2010 at 1:42 PM, Typhoonattack1 said:

It always amazes me what a little Dull Coat can do.

Having worked on blow torches and used to seeing the real thing all I can say is WOW that looks real !!! That seat and belts are amazing.

Cheers

Vaughn

Thanks again Vaughn. I had been putting this off for some strange reason, but decided today was as good a time as any. First coat of turf has been added to base over contact cement, using a plastic spice bottle. Turf will be painted a couple shades of desert sand.