Slingshot fighter

LSP_K2

Using a Q-tip taped to a dowel rod, I slathered Mister liquid putty on seams. Next I'll attack with denatured alcohol and sandpaper. If all else fails, I'll order a cover from Harold!

Ever try the "house paint" technique Kevin?

I heard (never tried it myself so others may be more knowledgeable on it) there there are some interior house colors that people have used on duct interiors like this...........'

After the liquid putty, filling, sanding, they were taking some kind of interior house paint and basically pouring (with intake off I assume) it down in and all around the inside of the intake. Then letting it dry, and repeating. As it is quite extraordinarily thick and covers well, I would think it may hid whatever little bumps or seem remnants that remain.

Brian

I have, and will continue to consider the house paint idea Brian, but only as a last resort. The intake throat was natural metal as far as I can discern, so I want to prepare for an Alclad or MM metalizer finish, and I'm not sure how they'd react to latex or vice versa.

I have, and will continue to consider the house paint idea Brian, but only as a last resort. The intake throat was natural metal as far as I can discern, so I want to prepare for an Alclad or MM metalizer finish, and I'm not sure how they'd react to latex or vice versa.

Ah that makes sense Kev and kinda shoots my Idea all to hell and back with the tunnel being natural metal. :shrug:

So just go ahead and foil the whole thing then! :goodjob:

I know you good Kev, but youd have to be a sorcerer (or Ken, AKA foiler) to pull that on off!

Still, lookin damn good. Cant wait to see the moment when the Hun AND launcher start coming together.............:evil_laugh:

Brian

Basic pit colors have been blocked in. Darker grey areas are just for visual variety; they'll look lots better before I'm through. One or two more evenings just might do it. I unfortunately got a really bad casting, but most of the defects shouldn't show when finished, (I hope).

While scrolling through some of my Hun reference, I stumbled upon this. It’s the clearest shot I’ve seen yet of the “shape” that will be hung under port wing. This, in conjunction with my other images, should allow me to scratch one up for this project. I’ve concluded (hopefully correctly), that the “shape” was in fact painted inert blue, and that’s the way I intend to paint mine.

That brings back some nightmares! http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....t&p=1393720

Have you seen the intake correction and FOD cover I offer?

Comparison1.jpg

It'll save you the nightmare of fixing that seam...

Cheers!

Chris

I'll certainly consider it Chris, (if all else fails). Most of the documentation I have shows no cover in place. I'd prefer to do an "open throat" if at all doable. The nose correction intrigues me though. I'll PM you regarding that.

Lovely work on the cockpit Kev, really stunning.

I like your ideas with the rocket, one question though, where do the batteries go in it? :piliot:

Sweet work mate!

Phil

Yea, perhaps I could sell copies as a,... novelty item?

Before I get too nuts with detailing the rocket, I thought it wise to do a photo comparison to see if proportions seem correct. I had interpreted from the photo the approximate scale of the rocket, but it never hurts to be sure. Below are two photos for comparison. I believe the proportions are acceptable, so I'll proceed.

The dowel (7/8" dia), I selected looks OK to me; length too. What say you guys?

:clap2: Are we having fun yet?