Trumpy Hurri Mk IIC

Lancman

Thanks guys, well here's my take on the black undersides I used a mix of Xtracolour night black and some RLM66 then went over some of the panel lines in pure night black so hopefully when the matt coat is on there appears an irregular black pattern. Let me know what you think of the finish if it needs a bit more work.

hurri26.JPG

Graham.

Guest Peterpools

Graham.

Enjoying following along as you work your way through the Hurricane MK IIC build. Cockpit is eye catching and beautifully detailed.

Peter

Thanks for the comments guys, here she is with some make up on :DodgeBall: I am using the Kits at War decals and I feel they are slightly oversized when you compare the code letters to the BBMF Hurri and you don't get any of the national markings to replace the bright Trumpeter ones so they have to be sourced from elsewhere. As the decals are for the aircraft with 5 kills (allover black) I managed to scrounge another 5 so I could do the cammo bird plus the serial was in dull red, I have managed to paint it black so hopefully it looks ok. I have to paint the scythe black as it's white for the all black version, I tried the wing decals from an old Airfix Hurri that I had left over but they shattered when they hit the water so I am trying to source replacements at first from Airfix if not I'll come knocking. :evil_laugh:

hurri30.JPG

hurri31.JPG

Graham

Looking smashing Graham.

If you have any problems regarding the roundels, Techmod do a couple of 1/24 Hurri schemes.

I've used them on a previous build and they were fine, good colours too unlike the Trumpy "lipstick" reds!

Phil :evil_laugh: