P-40E Warhawk

DaveJ

Looks killer I think.............

Dark enough to be realistic, but light enough to represent the sun faded look AND let the pre-shading be just a bit visible.

Cheers,

Brian

Yep, looks pretty good Dave.

Kev

• 1 month later...

Well, today marks the last day of the GB. As has too often been the case, I haven't finished anything. :m0152:

If only to prove that I haven't completely abandoned this project.....

I've started some decals after a couple coats of Future.

The markings of this particular subject are a little bit bland overall:

DecalsOne.jpg

But it does have this cool little graphic on the other side!

DecalsTwo.jpg

Hopefully this little burst of activity will crack the dry-spell I've been experiencing. Again.

Well, today marks the last day of the GB. As has too often been the case, I haven't finished anything. crying.gif

Oh yeah...know that feeling. Going to see if I can post something in an couple of hours.

The P40 is looking great. Nice decals and the shading on the wing looks awesome.

Cheers Matty

Whew yeah Dave! Glad you showed us progress pics. I'm wanting to build this kit too, and it's great to see that it goes together really well. Was wondering which markings you were going to choose off that decal sheet, nice choice! Hmmmm, I see the Aleutian Tiger option still hasn't been done yet.....so I'm gona go with that. Heck, move this one on over to the Members build and finish at your leisure. I for one wold love to see it finished, that camo is looking awesome!

Dave, I really like what you've done and sure want to see it completed. That Hasegawa kit seems to be fantastic and you've done it justice. I"mprobably late on this but isn't that Preddy's plane? love it...box it up and send to to my house. :speak_cool:

• 2 months later...

Lo and behold, there is still some life in this aging project!

Boy, you wanna talk about real life getting in the way... mine has been all over the map lately. But I got the LG all mounted and we're nearing the weathering stage at long last. I have to re-paint the prop since I managed to get a nicely pronounced run in the paint. :speak_cool:

GerOn2.jpg

GearOn3.jpg