FOKKER D-VIII

ruzlkampf

I thnk it's so cool the control column sticks outta the bottom of this thing. It's pretty small. (about the same size as the GeeBee I just started. :evil_laugh: ) Here's the last pic of this build. Been wanting to build these Battleaxe kits for about 4 years now, and it was pretty enjoyable. Thanks everyone for following along, it was a hoot. Much was learned about lozenge patterns and such,...but it's time to move on. Thanks again to LSP for letting us have a forum to hang out and play around on; much appreciated! Later, Russ

THE END.

post-4413-1257418141.jpg

Heh, heh....here's my latest $10 purchase. A Lindberg GeeBee. I had to do it. Another size comparison. GeeBee is actually about 1/2 an inch to long/wide and is really about 1/30 scale. I can live with that.

post-4413-1257418605.jpg

Aaaaand, last pic of the night. Wanted to show just how little these things are. Next to my forthcoming finale on the P-51A in another GB. What a difference 30 years in technology made, huh?! Gotta go post the last pics of the D-VII build, so I gotta scram. Later dudes! Russ

post-4413-1257418808.jpg

Great work Russ!!!

I am trying to get caught up on all these great builds you guys have done, this is one I wanted to check on first! Nice work on the lozenge decals, they turned out great!!!

BTW, definitely pick up one of those Avis kits of the E.V. if you get a hankering to do another one, I had a Battle Axe kit when I reviewed my Avis and I can tell you the Avis is a much nicer molding. About the only thing I liked better in the Battle Axe kit was the resin engine.

Anyway, doesn't matter, you did a great job with the Battle Axe kit! Congrats!