Trumpeter A-7E corsair, VA-46 Clansmen

blackbetty

one more thing to do before closing of the fuselage is fitting the aires wheelwells. i primed them in white and fitted them a lot of times before finally glueing.

closing the fuselage will be quite a task, with all the resing going in :P

post-2020-1254822416.jpg

Hey blackbetty,

Question for you on the Tail Pipe Fix. What did your filling and sanding do to the surrounding detail? Did it rub away much of it? I like the new look of the tailpipe. I'm contemplating that fix as part of my future build also. (I say future because the kit is still enroute).

Regards

Steve

thanks guys

as for the rear of the fuselage, steve: i tried to be extra carefull while cutting and fitting, but will likely have to rescribe some seams. not a big problem, because there isnt that much detail to begin with and the fuselage left half to right half fit isnt that good eithter. this trump kit has quite a lot of flash that you dont notice right away, a lot of the parts edges are soft and need to be adressed to fit correctly. it looks like a kit from a very old worn out mold (but its not)

the rear stab attachment modification is nearing completion, some more sanding to do

post-2020-1254995297.jpg

so this is what i will do: contrary to the instructions i will assemble the lower fuselage part/airbrake assembly first and then fit the whole enchillada to the fuse. i was thnking about chickening out first, and displaying the airbrake partially open :P , but there is a lot of detail inside i would have to scratch. maybe i would be able to finish the build for the 20th aniversary then :P

post-2020-1254996196.jpg