FOKKER D-VII

ruzlkampf

GAAAAHHHH!!! :coolio: Could I leave well enough alone? NOT! :P Yep Kevin, had to play some of those silly little 'reindeer games' on the ole 'anti-Rudoplh' build. Decided that I needed yet ANOTHER layer of rib-tapes across the tops of the wings, (can't recollect my reasoning at the moment. :popcorn: ) to get the desired 'effect' I'm going for. Uuuuhm, whatever that is. Anyway, that entailed putting another 50 decals on the wings....I'm a little over 200 now, dooooh......and taking my wing crosses off. Bah, now my rib-tapes are a little darker blue than I'd wish because they're doubled up, but I can live with that.

Here's a pic of the 'phase II wing' after decals. Upper wing first;

post-4413-1257085543.jpg

Last pic before I race off to the LHS to get some clear flat/semi-gloss lacquer to seal all these decals with. Depending on how wrapped up I get in the mg feed and shell ejector chutes, I just might get the top wing on this yo-yo tonight. Ready to wrap up 'Fokker scourge' I've been on lately and start work on the SR-71 once again. More pics a little later, eh?!

Later, Russ

post-4413-1257086208.jpg

Dude! I am sitting pretty in the club car on the fast-train to Russville! Sweet work on these Russ, you are the man!!!!!! Makes me almost want to try a WW1 jobbie.........HM...Something to think about...Keep it up man, these things are sweet!

THOR :doh:

Bwhahahaha! :deadhorse: Okay, FINALLY got the last of the flipping four Fokkers completed and ready for gallery pics! Heh heh. Really must move onto something a bit different, as this build just squeaked past my 2-week attention span. Thanks for the kind words gents, much appreciated! Yep, these WWI birds are colorful for sure; and mucho fun to build. Been wanting to get these Battleaxe kits built for some time now....and this GB was right on time for that. Time for some final pics, and a big thick chocolate milkshake to celebrate the end of this build. Wish I'd kept the triplanes around for a group-shot....but alas. Maybe the new owner will succumb to my bleatings and take some pics,....I can be pretty pitiful when the mood strikes. :evil_laugh: Enough ditherings, on with the walk-arounds; again in no particular order.

post-4413-1257419364.jpg

post-4413-1257419393.jpg

And last pic of this build. This takes off on 'dawn patrol' tomorrow to it's new home. Yeah, I put the wrong motor on this thing and it's probably not too exact....but it sure was a hoot to build.

Thanks Battleaxe! Again, Thanks as always for LSP for giving us a corner of the sky to fly our model airplanes around in. I've gotta go diddle around with something else now, but I juuuust might be back onto this GB with a triumverate of Australian P-40 aces (P-40B/P-40E/P-40N) in the near future? B) Anywho, this thread is now a part of history.

THE END.

post-4413-1257420119.jpg