Vietnamese Mig-21 PF...

KOTR

Having both a Trumpeter and a Revell Mirage at home, I intend to use the Revell kit, rob the original cockpit of the Trumpy offering for which I have a resin cockpit and add a Pavla SK-1 seat. I will have to make a new canopy (the PF still had the front hinged canopy) and will have to shorten the stabilisor. And I'll have to check the market for other useful Items that can be used with the Revell kit.

Markings will be for the northern Vietnamese 4326 from 921st IAP "Sao Dao" squadron (those who own the 1/48 :huh: Academy kit will know the markings), that carried 13 kill markings at the nose. Those kills were accounted to the airplane, not a specific pilot, but repordingly, Vietnam's top scoring ace Nguyen van Coc killed at least one F-4B flying this particular aircraft.

Sounds like an interesting subject. It'll be interesting to watch the build and see the finish as I'm not familiar with the camo or the markings.

Cheers

Vaughn

Here's what it should look like once finished (though as far as I know the kill markings just go to the left side).

Will be my first NMF in large scale :blink:

• 1 month later...
Here's what it should look like once finished (though as far as I know the kill markings just go to the left side).

Will be my first NMF in large scale :ph34r:

Ding dong, the link is dead, the link is dead, the link is dead! :(

Kevin