21st Century Bf-109 F

spacewolf

If you're looking for Tenax Burnaby Hobbies had some in stock last week when I was in there...if you were wondering.It's a very good glue but make sure you have good ventilation.Nice work on the 109...

Hey Dave, made the trek to Burnaby and got two bottles, many thanks for the tip. Also picked up the Osprey book on Japanese Navy Aces as I have a couple of kits that would fit in this group build as well....all too easy to spend money in that place !! :lol:

I know what you mean by hard to get to.I was in Coquitlam for years and it was tough getting to Burnaby Hobbies but now that I'm out in Pitt Meadows it's even tougher.Just have to stock up when I do get out there.Keep up the good work on the 109...cheers

With the wheel wells done it was time for the wings. The kit provides for movable slots which look good closed but provide an eyesore when open.

post-2514-1254280174.jpg

I wasn't looking to make them movable but to make them look more like the real thing. I glued the top wing skin on, the Tenax glue I got today works great on this type plastic. I cut a thin tapered wedge and glued it to the face of the cutout, then a wide strip that covered from the leading edge to the face of the wing. A bit of putty filled the seams and the openings were cut out.

post-2514-1254280227.jpg

SW,

Here as to what i remember are some of the kits 21rtC made.Larry

1.F4u-I Corsair

2.ME-109F-1/2

3.ME-109G-14

4.JU-87D Stuka

5.Zero type21,22.

6.Macchi202

7.Macch205

I know that what i listed is what i remember.But i'm sure some of the other guys will fill the gap here as to other kits as to the pre-painted ones that were also sold at all Wal-Marts.Larry

SW,

1.F4u-I Corsair

2.ME-109F-1/2

3.ME-109G-14

4.JU-87D Stuka

5.Zero type21,22.

6.Macchi202

7.Macch205

I know that what i listed is what i remember.But i'm sure some of the other guys will fill the gap here as to other kits as to the pre-painted ones that were also sold at all Wal-Marts.Larry

Were these the kits or the pre painted ones ?

Vaughn

1.F4u-I Corsair

2.ME-109F-1/2

3.ME-109G-14

4.JU-87D Stuka

5.Zero type21,22.

6.Macchi202

7.Macch205

I know that what i listed is what i remember.But i'm sure some of the other guys will fill the gap here as to other kits as to the pre-painted ones that were also sold at all Wal-Marts.

Were these the kits or the pre painted ones ?

Basically all of the subjects that Larry listed were kits. However, 21st Century's Bf 109 F kit represented the -2 and -4 versions, whereas their Stuka was a B(-2).

Charles Metz

With the wing close to being finished I fitted it to the fuselage and discovered a problem. Not only does one half of the fuse have a sunken section there is also a noticeable step from wing to fuse. Some shimming will be needed.

post-2514-1254340141.jpg

post-2514-1254340187.jpg

Basically all of the subjects that Larry listed were kits. However, 21st Century's Bf 109 F kit represented the -2 and -4 versions, whereas their Stuka was a B(-2).

Charles Metz

If someone were willing to pick up some kits for me and send them up the coast to Vancouver I'd gladly cover purchase and shipping costs as well as gas, time and trouble and coffee money... ?

Do you remember what kits were available ? I'm in the market for more of these.

There were four or five in a stack. I had just stopped off from a trip the the dentist so I just recalled the price at $11.95. I would have to head back in that direction to find out. Are these kits getting rare??? It would not be too much trouble to send them if they are what you wanted.

Are these kits getting rare???

Indeed they are. 21st Century is all but out of business I understand, and the kits are no longer being produced. They were always difficult to obtain outside CONUS anyway, and are exceedingly rare down here in Australia. I'd love to get some more myself, but there's really very little hope of that.

Kev