Bf 109F - Revell 1/32

Azgaron

Thanks Russ! :P

Madman, ehr.. perhaps, but I'm not the one building a SR-71! :D

I've made some work with the exhaust pipes!

bf_109f_molders_first_exhaust_640x480.jpg

I've hollowed the pipes a bit and added weld seams. Now I only need to do one more! :P

Cheers,

Håkan

Nice choice Hakan :rolleyes: (Good start).

One day, I shall have to make a Bf-109F - I like it in the same way that I like Griffon engined Spitfires - more bulk and agression in appearance compared to the smaller engines.

Cheers

Derek

Now that's old school. Hollowing out the kit parts as opposed to buying replacement parts. One thing that's nice about 1/32 scale and above....larger parts make it easier to a builder modify himself (herself).

Are you going to have a pilot seated at all? My Revell Wildcat has a similar pilot figure but I would like to replace him with another seated pilot. I've been looking his two parts over to see if I could pull off separating an arm from the mold and fill in with putty so I can get him to grip the stick.

Thanks Derek and Aurora-7! :rolleyes:

Although I didn't do a thorough search, I didn't find any replacement parts for the exhaust pipes, so I might as well do it myself and save the money! :huh:

I usually don't mind using pilots, but this time I think I'll do without!

Quite some work to modify the pilot, but doable I guess! Revell old figures are pretty ugly, and looks even worse on the instructions, where it looks like an orc! :lol:

Cheers,

Håkan

Almost done painting the engine!

bf_109f_molders_engine_painted_1_640x480.jpg

bf_109f_molders_engine_painted_2_640x480.jpg

The guns will be painted and added later!

I'm not sure about the colors and some of it is pure artistic license! :blink:

What color is the engine mount supposed to have? In some pics it's grey or black.

Should the inside of the engine compartment and cowlings be painted in RLM02?

The instructions says light olive!

Cheers,

Håkan

Once again I’m compelled to comment; the old Revell kits do indeed bring back lots of fond memories. The first 1/32 kit I ever built was the Zero, and I remember it like it was only yesterday. Good luck with your project, I’ll be watching; and remembering. :)

Kevin

Thanks Kevin and Larry! :)

Larry, there's only one problem, I need a hase cockpit to replace the revell with! Although I should have both hase and frog kits in my stash, I'm not sure I want to bash any of them to get a pit for this one! Perhaps there's someone who has replaced their hase pit with something else and haven't binned the old one!

Perhaps I should ask in the trading section.

Cheers,

Håkan

Quite some work to modify the pilot, but doable I guess! Revell old figures are pretty ugly, and looks even worse on the instructions, where it looks like an orc! B)

Bwhahahahaha! I really got a kick out of that one Håkan!!! :lol: Hilarious! Hey buddy, why not just go with the original parts? Lot less expensive, and one of the things that make this build so cool. It's like a time warp back to yester-year when modeling was much simpler, and you had to just do the best you could with what you had? Just an idea. ;)

Even with the original canopy and all, this model has a certain nostalgic charm all it's own. Hey, that's just the way it was! Whatever you decide to do, this is a fantastic journey...and I'll be following along with you. Looking GOOD Azgaron, that's the style! Later buddy, Rus

Thanks Derek and Aurora-7! :)

Quite some work to modify the pilot, but doable I guess! Revell old figures are pretty ugly, and looks even worse on the instructions, where it looks like an orc! :)

Cheers,

Håkan

:lol: B) ;)

I agree with Russ...I have built some Orcs...I'll never see Revell pilots in the same light now! :lol:

Derek

Thanks guys! :wacko:

I'm happy that I can bring back memories, but strangely perhaps I don't have these kind of kit in my memory lane!

Partly cause I mostly built cars, monster and armor kits way back then, and partly cause I'm not sure the LHS had those kits?!

I guess this build will be a little inbetween doing what I can and buying expensive extras!

I've picked out my Frog kit from the stash, just to see how things look like there!

I'll do some extra detaling in the cockpit, adding fuel lines and stuff! Problem is that I have to figure how to add parts to the side wall details as they are inserted with the rest of the pit together with the wings! Maybe I can glue the side wall details on to the fuselage first!

Pretty fun, as I at first was afraid of scratch building, but now I find it both amusing and challenging!

Cheers,

Håkan