Making your own PE ?

Bret_Grigsby

Ive seen some videos off of Youtube and rea a few articles. Ive got the jist of it. But my question is, is how can I get the PE parts to look like the ones from Eduard. Like they are all seperated already and the videos that Ive seen are just about pe a picture onto brass. my second question is, how do you get color on a PE part like the ones from Eduard.

If anyone knows anything please feel free the explain.

Bret

Micro Mark

http://www.micromark.com/MICRO-MARK-PRO-ET...YSTEM,8346.html

It has a manual. It should explain the process thoroughly.

Otherwise,

'how can I get the PE parts to look like the ones from Eduard. Like they are all seperated already '

To separate the pieces you do not have an image on the negative that connects each part. This means that each part is a stand-alone part.

When you resist (put the image area on) the metal, the part with the resist will not be etched by the acid. The part without the resist will be etched.

So, if you don't connect the parts, there will be no connecting part to remove.

The reason for the connecting part is so the parts aren't loose. Can you image if you are Eduard and you're etching a zillion different parts and they're not connected? Pandamonium!

I summise the adhesive backing they use is not effected by the etching solution. So they can etch away the connecting pieces.

Now for the hard one:

'My second question is, how do you get color on a PE part like the ones from Eduard.'

I've thought about this since I've seen them, having worked with the printing industry, and all. I can only summize that the color is applied through a stencil. I haven't quite figured out how. It may be printed, or it may be mechanically airbrushed. I guess I can bring one to a printer and they may know.

Anyway, hope this is helpful

Sincerely,

Mark