Airfix 1/24th Mustang

Ironwing

Geoff,

I have been looking forward to this thread! I love your work.

Please let us know when the kit will be ready for shipping. I will send you $250.00 via pay-pal whenever you are ready!

Rocky

Rocky,

I dont think there will be a kit but you can send money anytime you like and I accept paypal! :D Wait for Jerry's thirty-second D model. I know whats going into it and the effort he is investing in getting it right. It will be well worth the money and the wait. No doubt it will redefine the curren state of Mustang kits.

so far so good. l like your attention to details. Now question here is the lower part of the landing gear the Airfix part or the Trumpeter part??

Dave, (Hacker)

The lower sections were fashioned from the much reworked Trumpeter parts. If Jerry agrees to make them (he has the molds) Im sure you can purchase a set or sets through him. It will make life much easier for you :D.

Here's a shot of the fuselage center section. Note that the windscreen has been moved forward to make the correction both for the firewall and the nose rebuild. The yellow line is the fuselage reference reference line (FRL). everything is referenced off this line.

post-1406-1252249456.jpg

The nose before rework with the Airfix nose panels in place. Note the improper upper line of the cowling. This needs to be sanded down to match the the upper cowl line. The opening for the exhausts, while centered well is overly large and needs filling. This is done during the nose rework. At this point there's nothing left to do but start to lay on the Miliput...lots of it and begin to reshape. It took several applications and multiple sandings to get the shape needed. The chin inlet from the Trumpeter kit should also be added at this point along with the scaled twenty-four in diameter that closes the front end and which the spinner backs onto.

Note that the prop opening in the spinner is incorrectly rendered.

post-1406-1252250125.jpg