Airfix 1/24th Mustang

Ironwing

The right aileron in place. I know the trim tab is a bit off center. They arent fixed in place yet. The panel color differences is nicely apparent in this shot.

Thus far, each aileron consists of an upper and lower skin, and outboard trailing edge, an inboard trailing edge, and the trim tab.

post-1406-1264105542.jpg

Overall view of the ailerons in place on the wing. I dont know what Im going to do when I get to the hard part ;) .

Theres still a bunch of work that needs to be done just to finish the flight surfaces before moving on to the next portion of the wing rework. Hang in there guys, I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel...oh no, never mind, thats a migrain coming on...

Hope everyone is well...

Cheers,

Geoff

post-1406-1264105885.jpg

I have to admit, I wish had the skill need to do the entire model in aluminum. The panel effect you get from the printers aluminum is (IMHO) really really nice.

You DO, and you WILL. :D

Gosh Geoff, I sure hope the P51 rivit police never get a look at my latest mustang because those reject flaps you sent me are the best feature on the entire build. AND, I ain't coverin them up with no stinkin paint neither! :clap2:

Fred

I have to admit, I wish had the skill need to do the entire model in aluminum. The panel effect you get from the printers aluminum is (IMHO) really really nice.

As Fred says, you do, and you will? (I have already predicted so - to be the first LSP member to do so must be a almost irresistible challenge?). Once you have found a way of obtainibg suitably tight double curvatures in the aluminium, there shall be no stopping you! (like the real aircraft manufactures, starting with an aircraft subject that does not have very tight curvatures helps a lot ^_^).

Brilliant ailerons Geoff - astounding as ever.

Derek