Me 163B Komet cockpit photos

JamesHatch

Thomas,

I've do not remember who or where I got it from. Every time someone posts a picture that I might find useful or can even help someone else, I save it. I've got a hard drive with over 25 gb's of pictures and information that I have downloaded over the past 9 years... :P

Thanks for sharing these pictures! Looking at your first post i got the immediate feeling of a déjà vu: i knew this big picture of the cockpit dated 2002/7/14!

So i checked my picture backup and there it was: it´s my picture! This picture was made by me on this date in Duxford! I made it with my old and trusty Casio QV-4000.

I am to curious how my picture made it to you? Where did you find it? Please drop me a PM and tell me, ok?

And, don´t worry, it is ok for me that you show it here :blink:

Thomas

Thanks for the extra photos. The seat belts on the last pic are beige. I've fitted late war green ones. Could these in the pic have been added after the war?

James

I promise not to tell anybody that you've possibly put the wrong coloured seat belts on. :P

Chris

Thanks for the extra photos. The seat belts on the last pic are beige. I've fitted late war green ones. Could these in the pic have been added after the war?

From what I've seen, the green belts were rather rare, but as your subject is late war

there were more 'odd' combinations of things Luftwaffe. The belts in the pics look original to me

as does the entire cockpit.

Have fun :)

Sod it! I'll stick with the Orlon green belts. Life's too short, plus the tub looks neat with them in. I promise pics tomorrow. I've just had to order more beige belts from Radu for the next project/... Ju88