Lockheed SR-71

Et tu Brutus? Et tu? :P Bwhahahaha

...I wondered why I could feel a stabbing pain in my back!... :P

Nice detailing on the legs Russ (the model is looking pretty good too! :doh:). Whoever ends up with this model will be a very lucky person indeed...Rock on Russ :hmmm:

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Whoohoo! :lol: Thanks for the compliments dudes! Tis the season for all the Volkswagen shows here in SoCal, and my restoration shop is going to have a few vendor booths to set up in the next few months. Soooo....,dividing my time is going to be tough for awhile. :sorry:

After missplacing my 'closed burners' yet again, I just went ahead and chopped up the open ones I already had on the model. Nothing really new to show, just a mod of what I already had. Here's a comparison of the open versus closed nozzle;

post-4413-1270337130.jpg

Think the next step on this monster will be cutting out all those by-pass holes in the nacelles and inserting all the details back into them. Then I can finish smoothing out the airframe and add the corrugations to the tops of the wing so I can install the landing gear. More pics soon! Later, Russ

post-4413-1270337754.jpg

That looks great Russ :evil_laugh:

Don`t you have nothing else to do instead of restoring old vw`s, you know who itroduced the world with that brand right :evil_laugh:

David :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Edited by dahil

• 3 weeks later...

Whuh oh, spaghettios.....this project has been terminated. :party0023: All projects went into the trash about 3 weeks ago. Meh, I can always build another one if the fit takes me. :)

Sorry I've been remiss in posting lately, but I've been off on another tangent. Decided I needed a bit of fresh air....so I moved back on a sailboat, bought a motorcycle,new towels, and wardrobe...and decided that I needed to not only run a car at the Bonneville salt lakes this autumn(36hp 1956 VW beetle in the H/Pro(duction) class), but also have it and my 'chase vehicle' shipped to Australia to run it on the salt flats at Lake Grainger in March next year. Kind of like that movie 'World's Fastest Indian', only in reverse? I'm hoping to go 78mph.....or bust! Whoohoo! :beer: I've already blown 2 motors on the dyno trying to get almost 40hp squeezed outta a stock motor/manual choke carb/vacuum advance ignition system. Be still my beating heart.

I'm not leaving LSP by any means Dave, this is my 2nd home! Just blowing some of the cobwebs out of this stump I call a head and broadening my horizons a bit. Keeps things fresh and interesting. Be back in a few weeks after all the dust settles, and everything is just a dull roar again.

Again, sorry if I've disappointed anybody by not finishing this build....but I got everything out of it that I set out to do, the 'mystery' was just gone and finishing it would've been anti-climatic and just plain boring for me. Sometimes it's just OK to walk away. Still have a few interesting projects up my sleeve scheduled for the near future, so I'll see everybody in a few weeks after I've sojourned in Mexican waters and eaten a few fish tacos down in Baja. Later dudes!, Russ

Sorry to hear that you won't be around for a while Russ, but I hope your latest adventures turn out exactly as you want them. If you get a chance to visit while you're down under, give me a shout.

Kev

Hi Russ,

Have fun with the refreshing other hobbies!

Let the Beetje fly without blowing it heads :party0023:

Don't forget to chime in from timt to time to bug us. :)

When you're up to modelling again I'm sure we will know :beer:

Good luck and see ya in time.

Cheers,

Peter