Nakajima Ki-43

wazza21

Good to see we were able to sort you out mate. Nice build too! We'll leave it here for now, but normally the group builds are restricted to works in progress. If you have any other finished builds, post them in Ready for Inspection - we'd love to see them!

Kev

Do tell about that camo job...masks? How did you do it?

Hi there.

I was asked this on another site and I have uploaded a guide on how to do it there.. but it hasn't been published as yet..

As a quick and dirty guide you scan the kits marking guide into your computer, scale it up so it is a 1/1 scale version of the model, ie if the plane is 299mm long you make the imagine of the plane 299mm long. Then you just print the various plan and side views as many times as you need for the camo (2 for a three colour camo etc) and then cut out the bits you want to paint with an exacto knife. After that you hold the mask against the model and spray or brush away to your hearts delight, if you want a hard edge camp put the paper right on the model. For a soft edged camo hold it a little away from the surface. Always try and spray perpendicular to the surface you are spraying.

Any more details I could always answer any questions you may have.

Regards

Warren