Hungarian Bf109G-14

dodgem37

This is something I started working on after that Dragon P-51D.

It's gloss coated. I stopped working on it because I am disappointed with the top wing to fusalage connection

and the traps between the colors. Right now I'm working on a tank for a build on another site.

I'd like to think I'll get back to it and refinish it, but I don't know. The paint job was really a bear.

To think I need to repaint it is a daunting thought to me.

025-1.jpg

The Instrument Panel.

I sanded down the rudder pedals and then removed the 'plastic film'.

I tried to paint the white in the IP dials and failed. So I use a white prismacolor pencil.

Way back on the wing root you may be able to notice I scribed that panel line that is missing on the top wing but is on the lower wing.

I made round rivets with some rivet tool I bought. The tool is similar to the one MDC sells but has about a jillion shafts with different sized indents.

024.jpg

Right side cockpit.

I painted the wrong area of the gas line. I'll have to correct this.

I threw in some extra tubing and stuff for the oxygen regulator to make it look a little more busy.

022-1.jpg

Left side cockpit.

The throttle and stuff is made with lead foil I think. It's bent out of position. I have to correct the angle.

029-1.jpg

3/4 front left view.

The hole in the back deck is so I can pop out the door from the inside before I attached the wings.

The door was too thick so I needed to sand it down. The hole allowed me to pop the door out while I was checking the fit.

I wonder where the door is?

026-1.jpg

3/4 left rear.

Figuring out the re-juxtapositioning of the national colors on a dropped flap was a challenge.

Whether rightly or wrongly, I don't know, but I blanked off the wing root at the radiator flaps.

027-1.jpg

3/4 right rear.

028-1.jpg

3/4 front left view.

It's barely noticeable but I cut out the panel under near the gun tube and located a half rounded piece of metal under the gun.

The gun is drilled out.

030-1.jpg

A landing gear. I painted tape to represent a leather boot on the oleo. I saw that somewhere. The door will cover the seam.

The brake line has a leather flex hose. I saw that somewhere too. The tire and wheel will cover up the fact that it is not connected to anything.

The door will hide the rest.

I opened up the scissor.

031-1.jpg

A wild spiral.

032-1.jpg

A drawing I made to figure out how I needed to mask the spiral.

The little tick marks with numbers are the locations of the propeller blades. I did 2 sets. Marked with 1's and 2's.

That way I would know the color onto which the blades fell. I don't think it mattered in the end. I don't remember.

Thanks for looking.

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark, that is awesome work! Especially that spiral - amazing masking job. And what a wild-looking 109! I don't think I've ever seen one quite so striking as that. You should definitely finish it.

Kev

Mark, that is awesome work! Especially that spiral - amazing masking job. And what a wild-looking 109! I don't think I've ever seen one quite so striking as that. You should definitely finish it.

Kev

I'll second that

Guest Rigor
That is definitely the most unique and striking Bf-109 I have ever seen.

Very, very nice.

i argee,nice work man!! ;)

Nice work.

'A unique and colorful scheme for sure, although entirely ficticious.'

Who knew?

Sincerely,

Mark

I would never have known. I Have a G-10 in the stash that I have Hungarian markings for, (Partner has Hungarian heritage). Not quite as interesting as yours though.

Great stuff.

Kev

I'll second that

Me three!

• 4 years later...