Huey Helicopter/ ITS DONE/FINISHED YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

shark64

I think the cart itself is a stand alone piece of art,let alone with the power plant on top of it! Some tie down straps would look pretty cool. I assume you mean the yellow nylon ones with the come alongs attached?

J

Hi J

Yes yellow straps. working on that this morning

Oliver

The straps are rockin!! If I may make a tiny suggestion though,they look a little like they need to be cinched up to take some of the slack out? They don't fool the eye as perfectly as the cart and engine do. I would hate to see that effect spoiled after you did such a steller job on the cart and engine? The straps look brilliantly made,just too loose.

J

Guest Peterpools

Oliver

Nice touch with the straps, as it adds another wonderful dimension to the engine cart and diorama.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I am really impressed with this build, it all looks excellent. I am just not sure about the straps though. Would you really put straps around relatively fragile components such as hoses, pipes and couplings? I would have expected dedicated fixation provisions in the cart. I have worked with the P&W F-100 engine, that came with dedicated carts that supported the engine on it's mounting points.

There is also something strange I have noticed in the battery cart. The batteries are on an extended slide. However, they won't slide back in because the wires and battery clamp will clash with the top of the cart. In other words, it looks as if the drawer sits too high.

Cheers,

Erik

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, and I would be considered a Newbie to modelling aircraft, and I have never done a Helicopter. But in my opinion this is the best scratch building that I have ever seen on a model. I can see why it is taking you so long. Your attention to details and the fact that you are doing most of the scratch building in brass has to be the best scratch building that I have ever seen. I am a newbie and I am about to start my first plane and a lot of details that I am including need to be scratch built. I was reading the WIP build yesterday and I was amazed. I hope that my scratch building turns out ok but your WIP thread is absolutely amazing. I know that you have heard that thoughout this thread but it really is amazing

I am really impressed with this build, it all looks excellent. I am just not sure about the straps though. Would you really put straps around relatively fragile components such as hoses, pipes and couplings? I would have expected dedicated fixation provisions in the cart. I have worked with the P&W F-100 engine, that came with dedicated carts that supported the engine on it's mounting points.

There is also something strange I have noticed in the battery cart. The batteries are on an extended slide. However, they won't slide back in because the wires and battery clamp will clash with the top of the cart. In other words, it looks as if the drawer sits too high.

Cheers,

Erik

Erik

I heard what u said about the engine and its mounts but this is by far not accurate and I am aware of if. I usually build more for the visual side of things.

As far as the battery cart goes.....well same deal just for looks. I am sure many people working in the aircraft field would have plenty to say about my build and the lack of realism .

In any case I do appreciate the time u took to write and point out the missing details.

oliver

Four years on and all you've done is an engine and base?? What have you been doing all this time?

I'll tell you what .... the best scratch building master class out there. Superb skills, superb topic, outstanding results. I love your work, it's just amazing.