Huey Helicopter/ ITS DONE/FINISHED YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

shark64

I'm stunned. How you can just whizz a base together, paint and detail it they way you do is totally beyond me. As they say, presentation is 9/10ths of the battle and you certainly win that fight hands down.

I thought the flight deck was cool but this'll be much better given the added details you've built and which are more suited to land based vignettes. Oh! In case you hadn't guessed - I'm pretty much awed by your skill :)

Grant.

Grant.

I just got home from work and read your post. Sir, you have made my day.

I sure appreciate the comments from everyone on this site.

I've always taken my work inspiration from modellers from the Uk.They got me started on scratchbuilding.

This site and the many modellers posting their amazing work is what keeps me going. I am in awe of the talent that get posted by these guys here day after day.

Oliver

Hi Oliver...love your work. Its so incredibly neat and the parts look so realistic. you must have amazing patience.

The base is amazing. I'm wondering how you achieved the texture on the surface of the styrene and how the PVC cement was involved.

Cheers Matty

Hi Oliver...love your work. Its so incredibly neat and the parts look so realistic. you must have amazing patience.

The base is amazing. I'm wondering how you achieved the texture on the surface of the styrene and how the PVC cement was involved.

Cheers Matty

Hi Matt. Once styrene slaps were cut and glue to the base I brushed some pvc cement on base(work small area at a time) and used and up and down motion with a metal brush to make runway pattern. Once all was really dried(about half a day) I sanded smooth. I repeated the proces twice till i got the look i wanted.

Glad you like the work.Thanks

Oliver

Once the

Update.

Finished the runway sign and working on the sand today....Since my skills are limited as far as dios go, its a challenge so far.I am still working on my pratice base till I get it right,

006-30.jpg

007-33.jpg

008-31.jpg

011-26.jpg

003-34.jpg